A bit sad (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Today I am feeling a little bit sad, I lost my beautiful 12yr old Bengal cat in summer and today I went to look at the Birman kitten my son is buying..........it reminded me so much of my Pud, she was rejected by her mum as a kitten and had no brothers and sisters and could have been a total disaster as a pet.

She was living under a sofa on her own, socially a misfit and a bit cross eyed but she became incredibly loving and special.:cry::cry::cry:

I have now eaten a big tub of cherry ice cream and two caramel wafer biscuits and I still don't feel any better.

I have noticed a few Birman cats in motorhomes .......what pets do other funsters have and do they enjoy motor-homing?

Also can you tell me how difficult is it to take them abroad with you.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Today I am feeling a little bit sad, I lost my beautiful 12yr old Bengal cat in summer and today I went to look at the Birman kitten my son is buying..........it reminded me so much of my Pud, she was rejected by her mum as a kitten and had no brothers and sisters and could have been a total disaster as a pet.

She was living under a sofa on her own, socially a misfit and a bit cross eyed but she became incredibly loving and special.:cry::cry::cry:

I have now eaten a big tub of cherry ice cream and two caramel wafer biscuits and I still don't feel any better.

I have noticed a few Birman cats in motorhomes .......what pets do other funsters have and do they enjoy motor-homing?

Well I fell for you the pain. Our first cat was called "Spit" as when we got him we also had a german shepherd and on meeting the dog he spit and spit until there was nothing to left to spit. After 16 years of love ( in the cat way! ) he died 5 years ago and I still miss him to this day. We have two cats now one who is 20years old, pure white and deaf, another who is 5 years a tortoiseshell and very vocal. We take them with us in the MH both having passports..... To date UK, France, Germany, Portugal and here in Spain where we live. We do leave the MH door open whilst sitting in the safari room and they come out have a look around and go back in without problem. Whilst traveling they are both in their box for safety and sleep most of the time. There is nothing to stop you taking them anywhere with you and best of all enjoying the company all the time.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
..what pets do other funsters have and do they enjoy motor-homing?

I have my wife.

She copes quite well most if the time. Seems to enjoy herself, though, being a woman, it's hard to be certain. Sometime whines a lot for no apparent reason.

Quite easy to take abroad. Needs careful control near the duty free shop. Can be fussy with foreign food so I lay in some tins for her.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Awww, big hugs to those of you who have lost pets ... I still miss my little Sasha (dog) after over two years. I cannot get another dog. To those of us who love them we know what you are going through.:Sad:

(Dinah, forget using your litter tray love, use Brian's side of the bed.... for all of us.....:Angry:) :winky: xx

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Our Dougal (Persian Seal Point) has been a fulltimer for all of his 12 years!::bigsmile:
2 x A Class Yanks, then a twin axle caravan (mad move!) and now the 5ver.
Loves travelling and getting to new places. Next week, he's taking us to Spain for the winter!:winky:
Getting a bit tired now as he's getting on (for a Persian) and we think he might be going deaf as a side effect of a possible brain tumour which is being kept in check (sa far!:cry:) with steroids.
Doesn't "do" mornings any more but is still happy to run up the odd tree!:ROFLMAO:

Taking a cat abroad is easy. Dougs got more stamps in his passport than we have!:ROFLMAO: Just dont leave things (injections etc) till the last minute and you'll be fine.

Tip

We have a LOC8TOR (note the spelling) tracker on his collar, just in case he decides to do a disapearing act. Fabulous piece of kit.:thumb:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I keep a small spider in my door mirror. Heā€™s been everywhere with me. Good as gold, no trouble at all.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Our Dougal (Persian Seal Point) has been a fulltimer for all of his 12 years!::bigsmile:
2 x A Class Yanks, then a twin axle caravan (mad move!) and now the 5ver.
Loves travelling and getting to new places. Next week, he's taking us to Spain for the winter!:winky:
Getting a bit tired now as he's getting on (for a Persian) and we think he might be going deaf as a side effect of a possible brain tumour which is being kept in check (sa far!:cry:) with steroids.
Doesn't "do" mornings any more but is still happy to run up the odd tree!:ROFLMAO:

Taking a cat abroad is easy. Dougs got more stamps in his passport than we have!:ROFLMAO: Just dont leave things (injections etc) till the last minute and you'll be fine.

Tip

[HI]We have a LOC8TOR (note the spelling) tracker on his collar, just in case he decides to do a disapearing act. Fabulous piece of kit.:thumb:
[/HI]

Wife loves the idea of Loc8tor so just ordered it for our two cats. Now I have peace of mind that wife can find cats when she wants to!!!! ( the cats will not be happy!!! ) - ( not so much in MH, but here at home). Great recommendation thanks.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I am so sorry, very sad, It is very hard when you lose a much loved pet, they are part of the family after all, I lost my cat Hayley a few months ago she was 22 years old, my other cat was 13 when I lost her, so sad, I will not have another cat, although I love them, have 3 dogs they all got on fine, but I get upset when the cats caught birds, the last few years Hayley didn`t bother.

I still miss them.:cry:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I keep a small spider in my door mirror. Heā€™s been everywhere with me. Good as gold, no trouble at all.

Ive got one of them too. Has survived jet washing and speeds in excess of 70 mph... Wanna mate them up?

to the Op

always sad losing an animal. I have a dog and miss my cat of 19 years like mad. A real charachter, I am a cat lover, in fact I am an animal lover. Wish I could have another but alas, I dont think the dog will allow it.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I took on my daughters cat when she was about 14 (cat, not my daughter!) she had to come France with me, live with my 2 dogs and my own cat.
We've been back and forth to France for a further 5 years and she's still going strong. Lived in m.home for 9 months last year, no problems. We've done 5 months so far this year and will be full time for at least another 3 months.
Maizie goes outside alone on most sites, just toddles around. My other cat goes outside on a harness and lead, either for a walk or will be tethered for short periods with the dogs. Litter tray in the shower tray (lined with plastic )

I've had no problems travelling with the 4 of them together and it's got to be easier than children! ( for a start they don't answer back) :RollEyes:

Should add. Cat just needs passport and valid rabies jab ( 3 yearly jab available in UK) no need to visit French vet for tick or tape prior to UK entry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Granjan
Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
A big thanks everyone for the sympathy, am trying to resist a kitten for the moment I still have Jazz a brown spotted Bengal, he was my sons cat, he is a bit of a thug and much more demanding than Puddy ever was ..... she just needed me if you know what I mean.

Jazz is a bit of a control freak he will pee on the tele if you don't jump up straight away when he wants feeding, he also fights everything and anything ... foxes, dogs, weasels you name it he would probably try for a elk if I took him to Scandanavia!

He would have to calm down a lot before I would take him in the MH. Containment is not an option.

The spider is an option......but not quite so attractive I did have a spanish snail called Brian for a while he was free with a bunch of Morrison's Parsley! He was a bit boring... Didn't seem to get up to much....

I will get a new kitten in time and go with the passport etc.

Thanks again.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> I keep a small spider in my door mirror.

Funny you should say that, my wife never got to like the tarantula I bought her, despite me putting it her bed to keep her company.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well we take the dog we mans ferrite::bigsmile: and the wife: the last one is the one that is most bother apart from that no problems:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
>> I keep a small spider in my door mirror.

Funny you should say that, my wife never got to like the tarantula I bought her, despite me putting it her bed to keep her company.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Oh dear. Will have to have my bladder problem seen to at this rate.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Ive got one of them too. Has survived jet washing and speeds in excess of 70 mph...[HI] Wanna mate them up?[/HI]

to the Op

always sad losing an animal. I have a dog and miss my cat of 19 years like mad. A real charachter, I am a cat lover, in fact I am an animal lover. Wish I could have another but alas, I dont think the dog will allow it.

I've had a word with my spider and heā€™s not keen. He says that, in his experience, female spiders can turn quite nasty after mating. He said that his last girlfriend, instead of sharing a post-coital cigarette with him, tried to bite his head off.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
[NO QUOTED TEXT AGAIN]

>>> female spiders can turn quite nasty after mating....
>>> tried to bite his head off.

As opposed to women who bite our heads off before.

It's not all bad being a spider.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:ROFLMAO: wow, this thread has actually made me feel quite attracted to spiders. Used to be terrified of them.

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
:ROFLMAO: wow, this thread has actually made me feel quite attracted to spiders. Used to be terrified of them.

The time to worry is when spiders start to find you attractive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back