KVH Dome (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
:Doh: Took the motorhome for a run-out,then left the Girls to go shopping,so I thought I would watch some TV in the motorhome:Smile:...........
Turned on the DOME and TV and all I got was the noise of the satellite going round and round looking for Astra 2.......zilch.....nothing.
switched to Astra1........bingo.....:Sad:
So do I just wait untill SES Satellites Company finish playing with there very expensive toys?
Or just settle for the BOOK(Kindle).:Eeek::cry:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If your using a Sky digi box, set the Default Transponder to 12207V in settings.

Once you have done that turn the KVH on and let the unit search and acquire Astra 28.2

Turn off the KVH and watch as normal.

If your using a free to air digi box, select Sky News, CNN or QVC before turning the KVH on. again once turn the KVH off when it has locked onto Astra 28.2 and then view normally.

Do it that way until SES get everything sorted and in its place and then we'll all know what's what.

Regards

Eddie

OP
OP
Red Dragon
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
:thumb:Thanks Eddie that did the trick,like you said will just operate the system that way untill they have finished playing around with there satellites.
Then maybe we will all get to know how restricted the Astra 2 beam will be across the
UK/EUROPE :cry:..........:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
KVH main dealer, CA Classe

I have been in touch with the main dealer in UK CA Clase of Hampshire. If we have a query or problem they have always been very helpful indeed. Link Removed

The information on their website is:

"Astra 2E was successfully launched at the end of September. Since then there have been a number of changes to broadcasts at the 28E orbital position in preparation for the arrival of 2E. These changes mean updates required to TracVision tracking parameters. Astra 2E - the latest spacecraft designated for the 28E orbital position was successfully launched at the end of September. Since then there have been a number of changes to broadcasts at the broadcast position in preparation for the arrival of 2E's capacity.
Notably the Eurobird 2A transmissions that TracVision's utilise for tracking low band channels have been moved meaning that for non-multiswitch installations when the client selects a low band channel (e.g. BBC/ITV/4/5 & others) the lock is lost, but when selecting high-band channels such as CNN, Sky News or QVC the antenna operates as normal.
We have today issued a bulletin to all dealers with details of updating the tracking parameters to the 2F transponders; please contact us if you need details of this process."

When I contacted, them they told me Autosound Bradford was the nearest to us, and Snellyvision in Market Raison is also close. If you want your nearest agent just email and they reply the same day! They said the cost of reprogramming would be around £50, but Snellyvision is offering to retune for £25.

CA Clase will be at the NEC next week, so pop in and see them if you are going, you might even get the upgrade for free!

Ginny

Carreraboy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2011
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
So this may explain why I had no tv this weekend?

With a built in decoder in the avtex tv are the instructions as per the free to view digi box?

Thanks

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
So this may explain why I had no tv this weekend?

With a built in decoder in the avtex tv are the instructions as per the free to view digi box?

Thanks

Yes, we have the Avtex satellite tv, just tune your tv to 42, turn dome on and it will find sky news. Once you have that everything else is available.

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slimbob

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
northants
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
long time
got my avtex tv on to sky news turned sat system on and nothing .
so what is going on with the sats .
have they stopped working or something.
do I need to take it to a dealer to sort it out .

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
got my avtex tv on to sky news turned sat system on and nothing .
so what is going on with the sats .
have they stopped working or something.
do I need to take it to a dealer to sort it out .

You will have to wait for a few weeks as it is likely to change again, according to Autosound.

I can't understand why it did not work we have tried it at home and on a recent run.

The dome went straight to Sky news this morning when I tuned it in.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back