Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
banbury
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autotrail
Exp
2 years
I know you can get the brackets, but can you get a ready made small flip up shelf on the brackets already. I have an Auto Trail Comanche and on one side of the lounge you have nowhere to put a drink down. There is nothing on the manufacturers website and don't fancy making a top fot the brackets. Cheers

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try O'Learys, Auto Trail can be a bit pricey.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I know you can get the brackets, but can you get a ready made small flip up shelf on the brackets already. I have an Auto Trail Comanche and on one side of the lounge you have nowhere to put a drink down. There is nothing on the manufacturers website and don't fancy making a top fot the brackets. Cheers
any carpenter could make you a decent quality shelf made to fit at a fraction of the cost from autotrail

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning

Did you get anywhere with this? I want one for our new (to us) Autotrail Savannah to attach to the side of the cupboard where the table is stored to give me an extra worksurface. I know it would be easy to make one but I want it to match the wood of the motorhome. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Rainbow Conversions can produce virtually any table top from tiny to huge for you.
They might not be able to match absolutely perfectly the wood colour but it will be as close as most folks eyes can see !

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Jaws. I need one at the side of the bed to put my mobile phone on, and possibly slightly larger one below it for a book ... so it isn't just Autotrail.:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Did you get anywhere with this? I want one for our new (to us) Autotrail Savannah to attach to the side of the cupboard where the table is stored to give me an extra worksurface. I know it would be easy to make one but I want it to match the wood of the motorhome. Thanks.

hi If you ring Swift with your chassis number, they will tell you the correct colour of your worktop, I did this and ordered a flip up shelf from a dealer fits well and an easy job rearly comes in handy at meal times. Pete

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Hi
I got a shelf from Swift for my van, its the same colour has the work surface, I got the details from Swift then ordered from a dealer, easy fit and very handy Its the same one fitted to my daughters caravan and increases the size of the work surface when required. Pete

oops double post laptop is acting up today

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Thanks Jaws. I need one at the side of the bed to put my mobile phone on, and possibly slightly larger one below it for a book ... so it isn't just Autotrail.:thumb:

Just a slight note of caution if you are thinking of fixing a shelf to a surface. Make sure the wall is substantial enough to screw into as some of them are just dividing walls (eg for a washroom) and therefore hollow or single ply.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Drop down shelf

Rainbow Conversions can produce virtually any table top from tiny to huge for you.
They might not be able to match absolutely perfectly the wood colour but it will be as close as most folks eyes can see !

Well I'm still looking for someone who will make me a dropdown shelf which will match the wood or the work surface of our Autotrail Savannah. O'Learys say they can provide the bracket but not the shelf, and I cannot get an answer from Rainbow Conversions despite sending 2 emails and telephoning them.
Does anyone know of any other companies who might do this?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Makes you not want to give them business anyway, doesn't it when they cannot be bothered replying.

Sadly you are far away but you may have one near to you ....... there is a caravan breakers yard near here and I am sure they have all kinds of wood that could be used to just employ a joiner to make one ... if not a piece of wood the correct size already with edging .... Hope this may be another route for you to check out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can never see the point in paying well over the odds for something that you can get elsewhere or make much cheaper which will do just as good a job!

Instead of trying to match the colour of the existing panels/worktop, why not do it in a contrasting colour instead? A nice grey/silver one for example would look good in most motorhomes. You can get suitable surfaces all of the the place - think of shelves or small tables from diy stores, Ikea etc.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Joy, I wonder if what we have done would meet your needs, over the bed I have a small plastic shelf over the bedhead, it is the base for what used to be a tea/coffee/sugar caddy set.

Picture 1 shows it in situ over the bed
Picture 2 shows one in use for the intended purpose over the cooker.

Attachments

• bed shelf.JPG
    bed shelf.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 148
  • caddy shelf.JPG
    caddy shelf.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 144

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy, I wonder if what we have done would meet your needs, over the bed I have a small plastic shelf over the bedhead, it is the base for what used to be a tea/coffee/sugar caddy set.

Wow. Yes. Ideal... Just somewhere to put my phone, reading glasses and a book when I switch off the bedroom light.. Down to the Range or Dunelm Mill tomorrow then...:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not sure whether the Range/Dunelm will have them, more the bargain type of shops, Poundland, Poundstretcher etc.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have 2 of these available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 75

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Do I get a prize?

I have 2 of these available.

I recognise that..... it's one half of an Autotrail sink/drainer cover!!

I've got two and have noticed the fittings on them that seem to be for them to clip onto something but I'm blowed if I can find anything to clip to!

Simon

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I recognise that..... it's one half of an Autotrail sink/drainer cover!!

I've got two and have noticed the fittings on them that seem to be for them to clip onto something but I'm blowed if I can find anything to clip to!

Simon

It was always my plan to trim the odd shape off the back and fit a hinge bracket.
But i sold the Apache before I got around to it.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve got a couple of net pockets above our beds ideal for a book tissues and glases just hook into the netting
Link Removed
best thing is you dont need to put the stuff away when you move as it all stays there

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi
I got a shelf from Swift for my van, its the same colour has the work surface, I got the details from Swift then ordered from a dealer, easy fit and very handy Its the same one fitted to my daughters caravan and increases the size of the work surface when required. Pete

oops double post laptop is acting up today

Double subs for you next year :ROFLMAO:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

They look good. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back