Camping & Caravan Club Latest FAQ's (1 Viewer)

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Clear as mud, just a hike in prices , will have to think of different sites /BSs

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
A retrograde step !!

I for one like to know exactly how much my site fees are so I can plan accordingly !:thumb:

So, I will not be renewing my membership !:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Next it will be charging for the toilets...
Adding a £1 charge for hardstanding does not seem a clever move, the temptation will be to save the money and park on a grass pitch, then when you get stuck, the pitch will be ploughed and unusable.
I've never had a problem with the C&CC but this change does seem to be ill considered. They can vary the pitch prices to suit the club whenever they choose but the member can't cancel within 30 days.
Fortunately they have the Temp Holiday Sites (THS), at least one redeeming feature, but then again, they are run by the members, not the club.

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
There are a lot of changes all at once, not always a good way to do it (don't like change).

Do not forget the Camping and caravan club, does not make a profit for anybody else except the members, all the profits are reinvested in improving sites or gaining new ones.

The club is run by the members.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
to much to read for me so sod the cc&c :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Why the old age concession? Is this a reward for simply not dying? :RollEyes::winky:

Surely they should be doing a concession for younger members as they are the hard done by ones who can't afford fancy motorhomes or caravans. They also don't have all the assets built up that the baby boomer's do. Get the youngsters involved in Tenting and watch them progress to the caravans. If you are going to do concessions at least aim it at the poorer end of the market :ROFLMAO:

By the way the above is tongue in cheek. I don't think there should be any concessions. Everyone should pay an equal share to what is in effect a holiday club. No one group of people should subsidise another group for a non essential activity.

Nigels

Free Member
Jul 18, 2013
Solent
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 1991
Next it will be charging for the toilets...
Adding a £1 charge for hardstanding does not seem a clever move, the temptation will be to save the money and park on a grass pitch, then when you get stuck, the pitch will be ploughed and unusable.
I've never had a problem with the C&CC but this change does seem to be ill considered. They can vary the pitch prices to suit the club whenever they choose but the member can't cancel within 30 days.
Fortunately they have the Temp Holiday Sites (THS), at least one redeeming feature, but then again, they are run by the members, not the club.

Not at Slindon, they don't have any. No money spent there for ages and still the charge goes up over 50%
:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back