Feb 2, 2013
Leyland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10+
HI,
we have been seriously looking at Rapido motorhomes to tour Europe in the very near future :Smile: however my other half has fallen for a 2007 McLouis 671 Tandy plus :Doh: and I know very little of this manufacturer, so would welcome and feed back on this make and model...
Regards.
Roland & Christine

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
We have a Mclouis Lagan 202 and are very pleased with it, you don't see many Mclouis here in the UK but when we went down to spain and through france in the summer we saw 100s (literally) they must be doing something right as they are very popular in europe.

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Just to add we saw alot of Tandys but cant comment on that model but there was alot of them. Don Amotts in Derby used to import them and this is where we got ours so they are probably a good place to talk to for advice and spares if you do go for one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Doing a search on Google I cannot find any Maclouis franchise dealers in the UK, Todds did have a new franchise in 2008 but they dont list them anymore.

If you want a used Rapido, talk to Paul at Wokingham Motorhomes as they are a reputable dealer who would supply a reliable van

Peter

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
HI,
we have been seriously looking at Rapido motorhomes to tour Europe in the very near future :Smile: however my other half has fallen for a 2007 McLouis 671 Tandy plus :Doh: and I know very little of this manufacturer, so would welcome and feed back on this make and model...
Regards.
Roland & Christine

I had a 2008 Mclouis low profile..(we are in France)..lovely motorhome.. Italian...plenty over here in France...well made and mine came with all the extras from new....well specked AND NOT A BUDGET VAN as somebody on here called them.....I now have a Rapido...at twice the price (new)...and sometimes I wished we still had the Mclouis...I never had a thing go wrong with it over the three years we had it....30 to 34 mpg 6.89.. 3.500kg.. (except the fiat cab battery went flat twice with the imobiliser, but that is a common fault with the fiats if stood over winter if in storage)...the only fault I would gripe about is it did not have a lot of payload on mine...and the corner bed was not to our taste..so we changed.

Mclouis we found to be a good van

Although if you are looking at the older Rapido around the same year, 2005 to 2007...they should be ok as well

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back