New to this game (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Hi, I'm Dawn my husband is Mike and we have 2 dogs Brodie 17 and Bandit 13. We are the proud new owners of an Autotrail Scout which we bought (quite by accident) a few weeks ago. We know next to nothing about the whole campering thing.:Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi To You Both :welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

Enjoy your new van, any questions ask away somebody will know the answer Pete :thumb::thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hiya Dawn & Mike and :welcome: to the Fun from another Narfook resident .. hope to see you around sometime.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, campering is a great hobby that soon becomes a way of life, do check out the rally calendar and chatroom.:thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Dawn Welcome to Motorhome Fun , you have done the best thing finding Motorhome Fun, ask any questions you need, we all started from scratch at some point, :welcomefunster:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Great choice of van:thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello and welcome Dawn & Mike

You are on Europe's best motorhome site it realy is Fun

:welcome:

Mel & Lieve

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Don't know about 'great choice of van' it's way bigger than I initially wanted - I'm a wuss when it comes to driving it:Sad:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Don't know about 'great choice of van' it's way bigger than I initially wanted - I'm a wuss when it comes to driving it:Sad:

You will soon get used to it and then you will appreciate more the space it gives you.

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Size of van

I know what you mean, I have been driving mine a week and it's only a small motorhome. I'm getting used to the size but don't automatically look at bridge heights and haven't had to parallel park it yet.

But I guess we willl pick it up quickly. Welcome to Motorhome fun. I've been a member for 24 hours and already have receioved tons of help.

Best £10 I've spent in a long while.

Brian.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
hi and welcome to fun dont forget to check out the rallies and meets

why not come along to this one, its not too far for you

Broken Link Removed

and in May there is one on your doorstep here

Broken Link Removed

whatever you do have fun xxxxxxxxxxx

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I once bought a skoda by accident... i bought a garage and contents. never drove it though and soon sold it to a [STRIKE]mug[/STRIKE] nice man with no problem. god awful cars at the time and thankfully they never made motorhomes:ROFLMAO:

welcome to the motorhome madhouse that is fun:thumb:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Ahhh.. another Scout owner!

Oh yes... the master plan is proceeding as planned... another Scout owner joins Motorhome Fun.. we will be launching the takeover any day now!!

Good choice of van Dawn and Mike.... just how DO you buy a van by accident?

Simon

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
How to buy a van by accident

Went out one day to view a much smaller cheaper van - had no intention of buying anything due to family commitments - and saw the Scout on a
forecourt on the way there. We stopped to have a look on the way back. Although it looked far too big for me to want to drive it, it was perfect for us. But we weren't out to buy so I went to take the keys back, Mike said "see what his best price is" (he was just curious) .... seems I misunderstood and haggled, agreed a good price and now we own a motorhome. Oops!

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Ahhhhh.....

Went out one day to view a much smaller cheaper van - had no intention of buying anything due to family commitments - and saw the Scout on a
forecourt on the way there. We stopped to have a look on the way back. Although it looked far too big for me to want to drive it, it was perfect for us. But we weren't out to buy so I went to take the keys back, Mike said "see what his best price is" (he was just curious) .... seems I misunderstood and haggled, agreed a good price and now we own a motorhome. Oops!

Now it becomes clear!

My Scout is also Mercedes based, and I love her... she's called Helga cos she's a big muscular German bird! I've done ten thousand miles in her since I got her in February, and would heartily recommend you give yours some stick too! :thumb:

Simon

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Dawn, I'm a Norfolk man born and bred but now live in South Wales (just), I'm also new to motorhoming and a Motorhomefun virgin having joined yesterday, welcome aboard.
Cal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back