Well this is going to be fun. (1 Viewer)

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all. My name is Brian and myself and my girlfriend have just purchased our first little Motorhome. It's a Fiat Ducato 1999 van conversion. I didn't want anything too big as I need to get used to driving it compared to a car, plus I wanted something that I could use on a daily basis as my job involves me touring and staying away from home a lot so I am hoping to save a fortune on hotel bills.

Anyway I have loads of questions and will be popping up occassionaly to seek advice if that's ok?

Looks like a friendly website and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from you all as we start out on our motorhome future.

Brian.

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

Ask away there is usually someone who can answer the various questions asked and dont forget to use the search facility too.

Why not come along and meet some of the funsters at our Essex Meet at Waldegraves in November. See the rallies and meets section.

Have fun and enjoyyyyyyy

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi Tecnikal.

Welcome to the fun site.:welcome:

Lots of very friendly people on here with lots of great advice. Don't hesitate to ask for advice.

Well worth paying the subs to become a full member then you can post as often as you like.

Enjoy your travels.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Hi Brian and :welcome:to the best motorhome forum on the web.::bigsmile: Try to come to the rallies, you will find a lot of friendly, helpful people intent on having FUN, and you will make lots of new friends.:thumb::thumb:
The £10 subs is the best tenner you will ever spend on motorhoming.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ditto everything they posted above Brian. :winky:

Oh yes, and welcome to FUN. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi and welcome.
You will get all the advice you ask for, but they are all quite mad.
:welcome:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hullooooo!!

Hullo Brian,

Big welcome to Motorhome Fun! As others have said, paying the £10 subscription would be the best motorhome-related cash you spend in terms of the value you get in full access to the site and the wealth of experience of some of the members.

Try and get to some of the meets too... folks are really friendly and always happy to help.

Simon

OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi and welcome to fun

Ask away there is usually someone who can answer the various questions asked and dont forget to use the search facility too.

Why not come along and meet some of the funsters at our Essex Meet at Waldegraves in November. See the rallies and meets section.

Have fun and enjoyyyyyyy

Thanks so much. This all sounds great. Can you tell me more details about the Waldegraves meeting? Me and my other half think we should come and meet people and throw ourselves into this motorhoming thing with a passion.

ps: Gonna pay the £10 today.

Brian.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome - was particularly interested in your using 'van rather than hotel when away on business - would need to be insured for business use, but otherwise seems an excellent plan. Let us know how it works out.

OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome - was particularly interested in your using 'van rather than hotel when away on business - would need to be insured for business use, but otherwise seems an excellent plan. Let us know how it works out.

Yep. Insured for Business use. My last van was, but couldn't sleep in it as it was a small van, the size of a car. It's gonna be fun I think.

Brian.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Welcome Brian
exciting times ahead of you:Smile:

Although the site is all about having FUN don't be afraid to ask any question however simple you will always get solid experienced answers (we've all goofed up at some time or other) delivered in a light and friendly way. ::bigsmile:

Keith

OP
OP
Tecnikal

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I've just posted my first question in the beginners forum. Lots to learn, but as soon as I get my head around it, the sooner I can get on the road and get on with my mid-life crisis :cry:

The open road is calling me!

Brian.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
[HI] Me and my other half think we should come and meet people and throw ourselves into this motorhoming thing with a passion.

Hi and welcome to fun, i like the idea of new member throwing yourself in passion at a meet, might be interesting to attend this one.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back