Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A new twist on the hoary old gassing chestnut?

Some friends of ours had their tent broken into and ransacked on the first night of their holiday on a campsite in the Loire. The husband is still kicking himself for not having divided up and secured the holiday money before their arrival - it was all in his wallet, and it all went. These are people we know - it's not a friend of a friend tale.

Six other units were also broken into at the same time and robbed. When the Police investigated, two holes were found in each of the tents, one small, and one large. They were told quite clearly by the Police officers that the small hole was used to introduce narcotic gas, and the large one was used to get into the tent once the occupants were knocked out, and this was an established form of robbery in the area.

Our friends said they felt no physical side effects in the morning - no headache, no hangover, no nausea (other than feeling sick about their missing moolah).

This raises some interesting possibilities doesn't it?

1. The Police are correct and the mad gassers are out there using weapons grade narcotic gas of the kind that was so disasterously deployed in the 2002 Moscow Theatre siege, where many hostages died of its effects. However, nobody has died of deliberate narcotic gassing in a tent, caravan or camper van yet have they?

2. The Loire Police have fallen hook line and sinker for the urban legend, and have disregarded the evidence from professional anaesthetists who say you can't knock anyone out with anaesthetic gas without putting a mask on them, and even then it's a very precise process involving constant monitoring.

Now please don't shoot the messenger here - I'm simply relating it as we were told it by people we know first-hand.

Personally, despite the above tale, I still remain sceptical and much more inclined to believe option 2, until the French Police are photographed with a captured gasser and his dastardly gassing kit. I just thought I'd chuck it into the mix because the source of the tale was closer to home than usual.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the small hole will be to have a look for easy pickings....the large hole will be strategically placed to lift the stolen items out through.

you wont hear a Stanley knife cutting through nylon.

gassing is, was and always will be a myth.

it would need to be instant, not possible, or you would wake by the smell and taste of gas and an aggravated throat

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Was everyone out of their tents watching the Indian rope trick?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
A great bedtime story. In the story they forget to ad the credits:

Robber 1: Qualified Anesthetist :ROFLMAO:
Robber 2: Nurse in case the Qualified Anesthetist got dose wrong :Eeek:
Robber 3: Not qualified in anything, but wearing mask to rob as does not want to get gassed................... :Doh:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Oh........... forgot to add.............

TOTAL BOLLOCKS

The next thing you will read is they are cutting out the lungs, heart, kidneys and selling them on..............:Eeek:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
[HI]
the small hole will be to have a look for easy pickings....the large hole will be strategically placed to lift the stolen items out through.

you wont hear a Stanley knife cutting through nylon.
[/HI]
gassing is, was and always will be a myth.

it would need to be instant, not possible, or you would wake by the smell and taste of gas and an aggravated throat

Mmmmmm..
Beginning to wonder about your past, John.
What were you before becoming an electricalitianist?:ROFLMAO:

Total cop out by the Police. (no pun intended)
It's easier to dismiss these events as gassing by folk they cant catch than investigate properly.
They know you wont be around long anyway.
Their problem goes away with you.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
One thing I don't understand:

Why does a person (who is obviously proficient in their understanding/administration of gas who neither kills or imparts any of their victims with the slightest headache) spend time thieving small amounts of cash/objects, risking prosecution when they could be earning a good salary as an anesthetist?
:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back