Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
why do middle age men dye their hair it looks awful when you see the dye they have used turn gingerly yellow and when they dye it dark you can see the ginger residue in it its not natural look as the pigments are different when you was young.so come on guys grow old natural like me.my wife tells me I look very distinguished and handsome with grey hair.to addthose men who have balding patches spray it with some sort of spray that make it look gross regards steve:thumb:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
why do middle age men dye their hair it looks awful when you see the dye they have used turn gingerly yellow and when they dye it dark you can see the ginger residue in it its not natural look as the pigments are different when you was young.so come on guys grow old natural like me.my wife tells me I look very distinguished and handsome with grey hair.to addthose men who have balding patches spray it with some sort of spray that make it look gross regards steve:thumb:
Can't say I pay much attention to blokes hair:)

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Not all middle aged men have hair to dye as was pointed out by Hilldweller only this week ::bigsmile:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
middle aged men

Wish I had some hair to col our!!! On second thoughts, I've probably saved a few hundred quid since I shaved off what was left 15 years ago and if only I could persuade the boss to do the same I could pay for the return trip to Spain every year.......but dont tell her I said that!:Eeek:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I dye what little hair I have left grey, to make me look both distinguished and sexy.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I'm having difficulty understanding this post. Explain.

Brian,
I think they are talking about the grey highlights we have put in at great expense to make ourselves look "distinguished". :Smile:

Edit:
Chris beat me to it.
Shifty is as distinguished as a badger.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I must say I agree with you. Just look at Mcartney , and that Scottish bloke on gmtv who reports from America , can't think of his name. They look daft :ROFLMAO:
I wish I could just snap my fingers and have my natural colour, which is white at the front and salt n pepper at the back. ( it's Bev btw not Ralph) :roflmto:
I've dyed my hair various shades of brown and red for years.
Though I was naturally dark when younger , I'm 50 in January and have always said I didn't want to still be dark haired at that age. I think women look just as daft too. I've started going lighter every time I go to the hairdressers. It would be so much easier if you could dye it a natural grey , then let your own hair grow out. :ROFLMAO: or just strip all the dye out of it and be left with your natural grey.
I think grey hair cut into a nice style looks lovely on a man or a woman. Classy and stylish for a woman and how it should be , for a man.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm fortunate as to having hair that is a tad grey in places. I wont say that I dislike my grey but sometimes for a change I use a splash of this fantastic mouse that my lovely lady gets from her hairdresser. a small dollop combed through after washing looks great and disappears the next time you wash it. Now who would like the name of the magic mouse.:winky:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm fortunate as to having hair that is a tad grey in places. I wont say that I dislike my grey but sometimes for a change I use a splash of this fantastic mouse that my lovely lady gets from her hairdresser. a small dollop combed through after washing looks great and disappears the next time you wash it. [HI]Now who wants the name of the magic mouse.[/HI]:winky:

No thanks. Not if it's so bad you have to put a bag over your head before you get your photo taken :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm fortunate as to having hair that is a tad grey in places. I wont say that I dislike my grey but sometimes for a change I use a splash of this fantastic mouse that my lovely lady gets from her hairdresser. a small dollop combed through after washing looks great and disappears the next time you wash it. Now who would like the name of the magic mouse.:winky:

Magic Mouse? How about Mickey?
:ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Dying hair in men and women is down to vanity but we are all free to choose how we wish to look. Nothing said about people dying their hair all sorts of colours in the name of fashion. Why should we bother for any other reason. My hair is white not even grey, but then up until my teens I was blonde and then my hair turned naturally darker until I turned 30 when it got lighter again what does it really matter I am fortunate to still have plenty of it. :thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
why do middle age men dye their hair it looks awful when you see the dye they have used turn gingerly yellow and when they dye it dark you can see the ginger residue in it its not natural look as the pigments are different when you was young.so come on guys grow old natural like me.[HI]my wife tells me I look very distinguished and handsome with grey [/HI]hair.to addthose men who have balding patches spray it with some sort of spray that make it look gross regards steve:thumb:
She`s just being nice ::bigsmile:

Ahh, I always thought that!

Then I met a MUCH younger woman than myself, now the thought of her having to walk down the street with a dad lookalike on her arm made me reach for the bottle:ROFLMAO:
I look at it as if a old car comes in for rusty edges to be tidied up and coloured back to what it should look like::bigsmile:

It`s too late to go back to grey now for me because if I left it for x2 months I would look like a granddad in a few days:Eeek:
"Grow old gracefully" no thanks, I`ll fight it all the way:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
When my daughter was a young baby I took her out in the pram one day on my own. I was just turned 40.

This woman of about 60 walked past and said " it's lovely having grandchildren isn't it?":Sad:

I just said " Yeah, at least you can give them back"

True story.

Gutted I was ::bigsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

How old is middle aged? BUSBY::bigsmile:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well I like bald, not necessarily totally and not really in women, but I think my hubby looks very sexy especially with a stubbly beard, trendy shirt and a nice sun tan.

My daughter has the most beautiful strawberry blonde hair but she insists it is ginger and has blond high-lites which I think is a great shame. I should be mouse / grey but will stay blonde for a few more years till I am sixty.

The one thing I really hate is the attempt at a bald coverup...... Just hate it, be bald and proud!

I also love all Red hair think it is infinitely better than mouse.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back