LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't overlook Germany, it has a whole lot to offer.

I've just added Germany 2013 to my flickr account. Mostly three rivers, Neckar, Rhein and Mosel.

See my sig below. Germany 2013 set.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Enjoyed your pictures Brian. I'm planning to visit Germany, Slovenia and Croatia next year and thinking of spending 3-4 days on the Mosel Valley, Trier - Cochem and would welcome your recommendations.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Enjoyed your pictures Brian. I'm planning to visit Germany, Slovenia and Croatia next year and thinking of spending 3-4 days on the Mosel Valley, Trier - Cochem and would welcome your recommendations.

We did not do Tier, though it might be too busy. Cocham is a must and don't forget the Schwaztwaldkirchetorte. The excellent winery and stellplatz is Fassion Wohnmobil Stellplatz, Mehring shown on Google Maps.

Heidelberg was a magnificent town and castle.

Neuschwanstein and the town of Fussen equally delicious.

Garmisch Partenkirchen - looks like where all the German bankers live.

So many camp sites you'll be spoilt for choice.

From Fussen, sneak toll free through Austria into Italy and you are on route to Slovenia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Totally agree Brian Germany is a lovely country, we have been twice this year once on the way to and from Slovenia the other time just last month when we went to Berlin. Also visited a town called Magdeburg for the night and would defo go back as what we seen of it it looked lovely. The stelplatz was right on the river although can't remember which one :ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We also agree, thanks for posting Brian many miles of cycling on the Mosel.:thumb:

Not so keen on the Rhine, to many trains :winky: and we blew up all the bridges, and they still have not rebuilt them. ::bigsmile: I wonder how many more years they will be sat waiting for the ferry. :ROFLMAO:

Great country to visit. :thumb: Bob.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
One other river we like is the Tauber, unusually for Germany it produces a great Red wine from a unique grape variety only grown there.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Don't overlook Germany, it has a whole lot to offer.

I've just added Germany 2013 to my flickr account. Mostly three rivers, Neckar, Rhein and Mosel.

See my sig below. Germany 2013 set.

Brian, some great photo's thanks for sharing. We too enjoy Germany and are surprised how many MH'ers have not tried there. We are going back again next year for 6 weeks as had a ball this year around the areas you have suggest. Berlin is worth a visit and there is a great site 2km from the centre.

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Hilldweller
Loved the flickr photos, Germany is now definitely on the 'must go and see' list. It looks fantastic.

Steve

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Great photos Brian but do you have access to a higher authority because every time we've been to Germany it's p****d it down :Smile:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Stayed in the Black forest area of Germany on way back from Crete last month - I was very surprised and most impressed. We pitched at a very nice small campsite which is a few 100 yards outside the lovely village of Simonswald and run by some delightful people - booked in for 1 night, stayed 3.

Link Removed

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Great photos Brian but do you have access to a higher authority because every time we've been to Germany it's p****d it down :Smile:

Ah there's the rub.

Arrived on Moselle, "Don't park on the grass, it was under a metre of water not long ago". We did 1000 miles ending up in Italy before we got decent weather, then got these pics of Germany on the way back.

Did you spot the swimming pool in Rudesheim still being cleansed of Rhein mud ? They were very careful where they parked us there too. The owner said they had a day to clear the offices before it was above table hight in Rhein.

Horrible year. But thanks to a MH we made the best of it.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
We did not do Tier, though it might be too busy. Cocham is a must and don't forget the Schwaztwaldkirchetorte. The excellent winery and stellplatz is Fassion Wohnmobil Stellplatz, Mehring shown on Google Maps.

Heidelberg was a magnificent town and castle.

Neuschwanstein and the town of Fussen equally delicious.

Garmisch Partenkirchen - looks like where all the German bankers live.

So many camp sites you'll be spoilt for choice.

From Fussen, sneak toll free through Austria into Italy and you are on route to Slovenia.
Hi, Brian you must have been on the mosel around the same time as us,we also done the same route as you only in reverse,many of your great photos are also similar.Great minds think alike or is it fools seldom differ.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back