Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Well it is our first weekend away! We set off Thursday afternoon and were at our first stop near Rochefort (between La Rochelle and Royan) by tea time! We decided to only use Aires at first for short stays. That one was at Soubise, by the marina, very nice quiet site with electricity and all usual amenities. Cost 7€. Good site for dog walking as well.

We moved on today, only 64 Km to Mortagne sur Gironde. South of Royan on the Gironde estuary. It is beautiful here. The Aire is on the side of the marina (again!) and lots if bars and restaurants within a short walk. Again good for dog walking but a truly beautiful setting. If I could work out how to add a photo I would:Doh:

Again 7€ per night including electricity and water. Lovely. And to top it all it is wall to wall sunshine 25C bliss:Smile:

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi ,
I must agree , lovely place ,I put on my photo albums some pics.
Have you seen the fish that they land and sell straight off the the small fishing vessels. (check out my album france trip 2009)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Ssshhh don't tell em all :winky:

Have to agree this is one of our favourite Aires love the place :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
It's only three hours away from our house, we could be here every weekend:Smile: are you jealous

No fishing boats landed yet today:Sad: I'll keep a look out but perhaps it's cos it's October!

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
One of my favourites too, what's the weather like?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
It's only three hours away from our house, we could be here every weekend:Smile: are you jealous

No fishing boats landed yet today:Sad: I'll keep a look out but perhaps it's cos it's October!

Def I am jelly-ass, Yes it was June when we were there.

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wall to wall sunshine, clear blue sky and about 27C! Glorious weekend and I can't believe it's mid October! It won't be the last time we come here that's for sure :Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Wall to wall sunshine, clear blue sky and about 27C! Glorious weekend and I can't believe it's mid October! It won't be the last time we come here that's for sure :Smile:

Just left M.S.Garonde .....at Mortagne there were quite a few mozies the evenings was very bad...... and Soubise the mozies there was very bad as well............are you still getting the mozies .....:Doh:
When fish is landed they sell them at the wooden huts ...next to boulangerie and the estate agent/immobiliere at the start of the motorhome places

Last edited:
OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just a few mozzies tonight but the mozzie screens are keeping them out!

Wooden huts all closed in the week. Seem to be shut for winter but we'll see what happens tomorrow.

By the way, we are from Yorkshire as well. Me from Doncaster and Davd from Sheffield. He says that he saw the Bridlington Queen on the river Trent a while back! (That's the pleasure boat by the way!)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just a few mozzies tonight but the mozzie screens are keeping them out!

Wooden huts all closed in the week. Seem to be shut for winter but we'll see what happens tomorrow.

By the way, we are from Yorkshire as well. Me from Doncaster and Davd from Sheffield. He says that he saw the Bridlington Queen on the river Trent a while back! (That's the pleasure boat by the way!)

Hi Fellow Yarkies..sithie welcome to MHFun...na ars thar liking living France...
Yes the Yarkshire belle (Yorkshire bell ) the Flamborion and the Bridlington Queen was- were three pleasure boats out of Brid harbour...But why the Brid Queen was on the Trent beats me:thumb:......there are few nice aires just up that coast....

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Brid Queen

Hi Fellow Yarkies..sithie welcome to MHFun...na ars thar liking living France...
Yes the Yarkshire belle (Yorkshire bell ) the Flamborion and the Bridlington Queen was- were three pleasure boats out of Brid harbour...But why the Brid Queen was on the Trent beats me:thumb:......there are few nice aires just up that coast....

Bridlington Queen was up the Trent, first at Torksey then at Cromwell lock because she had failed her passenger carrying certificate.
Sad end for a boat load of memories for many people of a certain generation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back