Ducato parts list / numbers - DESPERATE. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
does anyone know where I can get hold of a parts list/manual for a 2006 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD. I am specifically looking for the cooling circuit. I am trying to get a part number for Fiat to get the part - I tried today with Fiat parts, but it appeared without the part number the guys wouldn't to be able to get to work.:Sad:
I am in desperate need of the steel coolant pipe that goes across the top of the rocker cover, bolted at the lift bracket on the offside and on the nearside on side of head/pipe. Both ends have rubber hoses attached, offside down to waterpump area, near side hose goes onto the rear base of expansion tank. The pipe itself goes the full length of the top of the engine and bends under the top intercooler hose. A couple of electrical wire brackets are also along the pipe. The pipe is the one marked with a red arrow.
Piccy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards and thanks,

Trikeman.:winky:

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
papajohn is right that should be one of the easier parts to ID. go to another dealer. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
like papajohn quoted engine code reg no and the part should cum up dealer trying to milk
you get another dealer :thumb:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Wowah!!!!!!!

Just discovered that this is quite a common problem with the 2.8 Ducato motors.
With some internet research (2 hrs or so) it appears the foible that can catch owners out.
The pipe can be bought from Fiat (fiat 13394557080) but even Fiat know about this 'issue'. Apparently it used to be just a rubber hose from one side of the engine to the expansion tank on the other but Fiat (bless them) changed to the metal pipe to ease build at the factory.

Anyone with this pipe should check them - several haulage/courier companies have removed these pipes from all the Ducatos in their fleets due to the problem. Mine is identical to the issues suffered by them and others.
The bracket on the off/side vibrates and fractures the solder (pipe to bracket) which then leaks and on the opposite side there is a bracket/support that shears completely leaving the whole pipe to vibrate - thus the solder fracturing.

After seeing this and the amount of them being reported as failing I will be doing as others recommend by putting a one piece rubber hose from the water pump to the expansion header tank and just using this steel pipe to support the rubber hose.

Please, everyone with a Ducato - check your pipe if you have one, it's a catastrophe waiting to happen.:Eeek:

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back