Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
For anyone heading to Portugal & finding themselves at Praia da Luz, just wanted to make you aware of this.
We are travelling through Europe and using the ACSI book for sites, so when we headed down to Portugal we picked out the Orbitur site & off we went. Got there & booked in for 2 nights (had to pay upfront - 28 euros)
Well what a mistake that was, I wont say too much about the pitches as I'm sure every one has a different take on them, but everything was closed - the pool, shop, restaurant & the toilets were the worst I have been in.
Next morning we packed up and came to view the Camping Turiscampo site that we had passed the day before. Not in the ACSI book but they do take it and its 16euros a night, what a difference.
Sites of all sizes and they are on gravel, everything is open & the toilets/shower blocks are of hotel quality. They even have a dog shower which Albie enjoyed yesterday!!! So nice infact we have booked for a week & may stay longer. :Cool::thumb:

jools66

Free Member
Jul 5, 2011
Fulltime Devon/Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
FT since 04/12
We had the same experience (pay up front, poor facilities, rude staff & rubbish pitches) last November at the Orbitur at Praia da Luz, very disappointing, we only stayed there because I had just driven from Sanlucar de Barrameda Spain and was knackered!
The only good bit was Praia da Luz is a lovely town and was walkable from this site.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Jackie,
We did exactly the same 2 years ago,stayed one night,people getting pulled out of the muddy pitches,grim really,jumped on the scooter,across the road to Turiscampo,wonderful ended up staying for weeks.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i agree even though i didnt stay at the Orbitur site a walk around it was enough this also includes the 1 at sagres needs to say i would never use 1 of those sites now as for turiscampo
what a great site and the buffet restaurant is great value

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
For anyone heading to Portugal & finding themselves at Praia da Luz, just wanted to make you aware of this.
We are travelling through Europe and using the ACSI book for sites, so when we headed down to Portugal we picked out the Orbitur site & off we went. Got there & booked in for 2 nights (had to pay upfront - 28 euros)
Well what a mistake that was, I wont say too much about the pitches as I'm sure every one has a different take on them, but everything was closed - the pool, shop, restaurant & the toilets were the worst I have been in.
Next morning we packed up and came to view the Camping Turiscampo site that we had passed the day before. Not in the ACSI book but they do take it and its 16euros a night, what a difference.
Sites of all sizes and they are on gravel, everything is open & the toilets/shower blocks are of hotel quality. They even have a dog shower which Albie enjoyed yesterday!!! So nice infact we have booked for a week & may stay longer. :Cool::thumb:
What I don't understand, is that there is an obvious history here (posts) about a poor camping site So, Mr ASCI why hasn't this been looked into .....inspectors come to mind perhaps your agency may care to comment???:Cool:

OP
OP
J

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
i agree even though i didnt stay at the Orbitur site a walk around it was enough this also includes the 1 at sagres needs to say i would never use 1 of those sites now as for turiscampo
what a great site and the buffet restaurant is great value

Came here with a fridge full but have now run out & will be trying the restaurant tonight, I can recommend the Sangria though!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
good supermarkets in prair for ya booze or onlong the main road towards sagres large supermarket

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back