Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Don't some companies extract the urine !! especially the so called direct ones !!

Direct line.....£170:Doh:

Aviva............£205:Eeek:

Just for a tiny Peugeot with 2 drivers !!:cry:

Everyone else around the £150 mark.:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Don't some companies extract the urine !! especially the so called direct ones !!

Direct line.....£170:Doh:

[HI]Aviva............£205:Eeek:[/HI]

Just for a tiny Peugeot with 2 drivers !!:cry:

Everyone else around the £150 mark.:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Just seen they have a link on the right of the screen !...Charlatans, the lot of 'em !!:Doh::Doh::Doh:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You do need to shop around!

I do have one experience with direct line when I was insured with them a few years ago.

To cut a long story short, I received a Notice of Intended Prosecution through the post for leaving the scene of an accident, witnessed by three people and demanding my insurance details. I filled in and sent back with a statement saying that I had not been involved in any accident, and the vehicle wasn't at the location stated at that time, and there was no damage to my vehicle to suggest it had contacted anything and invited them to call round and inspect, even carry out forensics if they wished. I received no reply or visit.

Next I had a call from Direct line stating they had a claim arrive for several thousand pounds to cover damage for reversing into a vehicle. This included bumper, bonnet, two wings, radiator, windscreen and so on.......so must have been quite an impact to do that! I explained the situation to them, copied the evidence I had, including pictures of the area supposedly damaged (including a rust bubble on the bumper which was old and intact) and they took over from there.

I later had a call a few weeks later stating that the claim had been retracted.

The fact that the Police were not interested, and had me hung on hearsay alone and that they had given my details to someone without my knowledge, consent or any evidence to prove I was involved - I would have been high and dry with someone claiming against me for something I had not done.

Worth £20? I think so! Look into who you insure with, and what support you get....no different than choosing a dealer to buy your motorhome from!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Saga Robbers

I have my car insurance with Saga this year (change every year to best deal) got a good quote.

Getting my first Motorhome insurance i thought i would get a good quote from them with them knowing my driving record etc

£1,100 :ROFLMAO:

Finally chose safeguard £310 inc AA full European Breakdown. Well done Safeguard....up yours Saga :roflmto:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Bring back hanging of insurance and estate agents !

I have my car insurance with Saga this year (change every year to best deal) got a good quote.

Getting my first Motorhome insurance i thought i would get a good quote from them with them knowing my driving record etc

Finally chose safeguard £310 inc AA full European Breakdown. Well done Safeguard....[HI][HI]up yours Saga :roflmto:
[/HI][/HI]

In my not so humble opinion.... They are grave robbers.....they work along the lines that us wrinklies are in our dotage, confused, want things to stay as they are and are fair game to be ripped off unmercifully because they assume we won't answer back !

Bastards the lot of 'em !!!:shout::shout::shout:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Peugeot 107

3 named drivers £159 LV

They seem to keep coming the best for us,...

LV for me too.

Chrysler 300c...high end, full sized luxury American estate car......£270 fully comp, with full NCB (protected)

highest quote last time checked...£1300.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Finally chose safeguard £310 inc AA full European Breakdown. Well done Safeguard....up yours Saga :roflmto:

At the risk of getting shot down again to suggest anything about money :Eeek:
I have never dealt with saga before but this year tried them for mh and it is £215 including European breakdown with AA for two of us::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when i turned 50 i asked Saga for a quote.......excessive and the buggers wont let it drop.

constant junk mail for insurance (all types), memory implant surgery, health care, memory implant surgery, holidays, new joints, did i mention memory implant surgery. :roflmto:

seriously, once they get their claws in they are relentless.

even shoving ALL the junk in one of their reply envelopes and posting back didnt work.:RollEyes:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
when i turned 50 i asked Saga for a quote.......excessive and the buggers wont let it drop.

constant junk mail for insurance (all types), memory implant surgery, health care, memory implant surgery, holidays, new joints, did i mention memory implant surgery. :roflmto:

seriously, once they get their claws in they are relentless.

even shoving ALL the junk in one of their reply envelopes and posting back didnt work.:RollEyes:
when your targeting a dying market you have to get in while you can

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Last year I got my renewal for my 50 cc scooter from Swinton who I have used for a few different policies, their renewal was £97 I called them and told them if I go online I can get it for £45 and would they match it. They told me they couldn't but where interested to know who the company where.

Guess who it was yep you guessed it Swinton so renewed it online as they would match it over the phone, I just got the renewal for this year and they are asking for £97 again must just be randomly generated. Will check Internet later.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Saga are a pain. I had the misfortune to try them once now they won't stop sending rubbish through the post
Tried More Than and took great pleasure in telling them all their quotes were More Than anybody else's!
I am a member of IAM, I ring around for the best quote then phone IAM and they always beat it
Last year, the lowest quote for my car was £191. IAM got me the same cover for £168.
Got the van insured through Camping and Caravanning Club. IAM don't do motorhomes
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back