Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We'll be about there for half term. The kids made the decision for us. They are averse to walking more than 100yds!::bigsmile:

Where did you go last year? We are going to start exploring other resorts once the eldest has finished his kid ski school.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I work in a school so Feb half term for us......about £300 per person more then the weeks either side. I shouldn't moan, I do get 13 weeks holiday. I am not a teacher before everyone sticks pins in voodoo dolls, I am a teaching assistant. Just hubby and I, probably Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets or Italy if too expensive. Or I may throw caution to the wind and try somewhere totally different. We did go down to Morzine in the summer to have a noses around with a view to possibly taking the van. To get a full 6 days skiing I would not have quite enough leave to cope with the drive there and back. Then there is the tolls to consider, food and diesel....to be perfectly honest, Bournemouth or Southampton airport are so close it is probably worth the extra expense to go with a tour operator. We are planning a longer summer holiday in the van already tho so all is not lost. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I work in a school so Feb half term for us......about £300 per person more then the weeks either side. I shouldn't moan, I do get 13 weeks holiday. I am not a teacher before everyone sticks pins in voodoo dolls, I am a teaching assistant. Just hubby and I, probably Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets or Italy if too expensive. Or I may throw caution to the wind and try somewhere totally different. We did go down to Morzine in the summer to have a noses around with a view to possibly taking the van. To get a full 6 days skiing I would not have quite enough leave to cope with the drive there and back. Then there is the tolls to consider, food and diesel....to be perfectly honest, Bournemouth or Southampton airport are so close it is probably worth the extra expense to go with a tour operator. We are planning a longer summer holiday in the van already tho so all is not lost. ::bigsmile:

Very sensible, it is a bit rushed if you can't extend the half term holiday. We tried it once, never again! Its a hell of a drive for just 5 days on skis!:cry:

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Off to La Thuile in Italy in early January. Not been to this resort before so looking forward to exploring some new runs.

Nov 21, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
iam a newbie
We'll be about there for half term. The kids made the decision for us. They are averse to walking more than 100yds!::bigsmile:

Where did you go last year? We are going to start exploring other resorts once the eldest has finished his kid ski school.

We had a superb week at Le Grand Bornand , campsite was awesome , weather was great .
Snow conditions were superb 4 kids , 2 adults lots of fun .

Only glitch broke my tibia , last 5 minutes of the very last day heading down towards the lifts :Sad: not good , thought i;d just badly twisted it .
swelled up like a balloon,then drove home 10 hrs . lol not good .

not put off gonna go again this coming season .

absolutely love it .........................

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We had a superb week at Le Grand Bornand , campsite was awesome , weather was great .
Snow conditions were superb 4 kids , 2 adults lots of fun .

Only glitch broke my tibia , last 5 minutes of the very last day heading down towards the lifts :Sad: not good , thought i;d just badly twisted it .
swelled up like a balloon,then drove home 10 hrs . lol not good .

not put off gonna go again this coming season .

absolutely love it .........................

And there stands a shining example of a rough, tough winter camping Funster!:thumb:

You can't stop a broken leg spoil a good time!::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
After 8 years of roughing it up in the van with two kids....
This year we are going upper class we are going half term in a campsite with electric hook up swimming pool in February Half term. .. we are off to grand bornard for a long weekend and then wherever or even stay there for the whole 10 days

Nov 21, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
iam a newbie
This year we are going upper class we are going half term in a campsite with electric hook up swimming pool in February Half term. .. we are off to grand bornard for a long weekend and then wherever or even stay there for the whole 10 days

Great choice , we had 10 days at le escale , great site , lovely town, will be there half term too , cant wait , Paul you need to get your countdown timer uo soon :Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

You're getting soft in your old age!:roflmto:

Let us know how you get on, a third VT campaign medal might be enough for us!::bigsmile:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
hope to get booked on ferry for 9/01/2014 visit la bresse then down to La gets or la Tania, cannot put in Morine as proper spelling as i have no ........ on key board you know the one over from La gets.
is anyone planning VS for around half term as grandson aged 7 yrs is interested ?:thanks2:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
SKI we are not talking about Spending Kids Inheritance

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
hope to get booked on ferry for 9/01/2014 visit la bresse then down to La gets or la Tania, cannot put in Morine as proper spelling as i have no ........ on key board you know the one over from La gets.
is anyone planning VS for around half term as grandson aged 7 yrs is interested ?:thanks2:

Is VS a smartphone typo for VT? I have just been on Wikipedias list of European ski resorts and couldn't find a VS! Am I being thick?!:Eeek:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Whens your Half term Badge? be great to meet up at Grand Bornand. Looking at throwing the two lads in to one of their cabins they have.

Can't wait to have electric and a swimming pool for after ,,, beats them rough windy -30s that we have had a VT ::bigsmile:

Come on John, get your money out,,, cheer the kids up :winky:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I WANNA GO SKIING :cry:

Will have to wait for next season now, don't have enough annual leave left , but would be up for a Funster meet in the snow somewhere in 2015.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Whens your Half term Badge? be great to meet up at Grand Bornand. Looking at throwing the two lads in to one of their cabins they have.

Can't wait to have electric and a swimming pool for after ,,, beats them rough windy -30s that we have had a VT ::bigsmile:

Your two lads are a shining example of how young adults should be and a credit to their parents.:thumb:
However, they only became who they are by taking on VT and surviving! Nearly freezing to death is good character a building stuff!!!!!::bigsmile:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Heading to Les Saisies 4 weeks today. Can't wait!

Taking a family of first timers to Camping les Grand Tetras. ::bigsmile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
will have to see how van gets on over the winter but we may be coming john according to the wee man looking at sum gear for him in allay next week :thumb:

Nov 21, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
iam a newbie

Looks like then 14th on wards paul , how does :Smile::Smile: that compare to your time scale ??

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Wengen, first week of January :Smile: :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Looks like then 14th on wards paul , how does :Smile::Smile: that compare to your time scale ??

Yep, floats my boat just right, the same week as us...

See you in the pool, :Cool: :Cool:

Jon, Jon, that's right I said the pool.....

Oh BTW, don't use too much electric for all those lights and heaters, :whistle:

JON JON JON I said electric.....

we hope to arrive on the 15th, Im typing this whilst working in A&E, just had a chair thrown at me, (it's ok it missed) all I could think of when I ducked was it's an overtime shift and this one will buy the ski passes. :roflmto:

Tony0851

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Your lot have set us off ::bigsmile: We thinking about going to Morzine on the 17th December till NewYear. We have never done a winter in the motorhome. My question is were do you stop at Morzine we was there in the summer and couldn't find a aire to stop at. Regards Tony

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Les Gets might be the closest aire to Morzine unless anyone else knows different.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back