Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
Just returned from 2 nights at the Southport building Club Site.
We arrived 'latish-5:30pm' and as is usual given a choice of the few remaining pitches, we chose 35. When we pulled up and pitched, noticed that the ones to the right had security fencing?. Nothing was mentioned at check in so thought no more of it until 9am next day. Work men arrived with more fencing and a truck + porta cabin?. I had a stroll to the office to ask if they will be working next to us all day? Reply = probably,they are working in the field, you can move if you want but hurry up because the new arrivals will be here soon. Well if they are in the field we will make do for the last night.
Unfortunately that was not the true picture (please see attached photo, taken as the day unfolded!!)
Well hacked off with a spoilt stay and lack of concern shown by the reception staff---is this worth a rant?

:Mad::Mad::swear::censored:2:hardhat:

p.s. It will be great when it's finished, more pitches and toilets so not all bad

Steve

Attachments

• CC Site Southport 141013 pitch35.jpg
    CC Site Southport 141013 pitch35.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i would complain to CC head office that this was not made clear on arrival and when you selected your pitch should have been informed.

they should never be allowed to work that close to your van without you being properly advised of the inconvenience that may be caused.

imho the pitches either side of this should have been out of action.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am with Phill, the pitch should not be in use and by the sound of them the wardens should not be either

Complain away, it must be worth an email, I would disappointed if you did not get a full refund or at least some back, but the club are not customer friendly these days

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
i would complain to CC head office that this was not made clear on arrival and when you selected your pitch should have been informed.

they should never be allowed to work that close to your van without you being properly advised of the inconvenience that may be caused.

imho the pitches either side of this should have been out of action.

Hi Phill,
That's what we said ours and next door should have been closed, just in case

Steve

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
This happened to us at Southport five years ago. We were on the pitch next to the 'out' barrier, nothing said by the wardens. Next morning at 0:700, a lorry with a large tarmac roller arrived, and unloaded at the side of our van. More kit arrived.
We went out at about 11:00, and on return found that 20 tons of hot tarmacadam had been tipped to the front of us, jockey wheel buried, and tarmac all over the front window and body.
The wardens did nothing, didnt want to know. I asked why, if they knew work was due to start, that they hadn't taped off the two pitches next to the work. They just shrugged.
I complained to the CC. They refunded our weeks money, and sent us vouchers for another week, plus paid £300 for the van to be cleaned and polished. The work they were carrying out is now the MH water and waste area.

Last edited:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
I hope you parked rear offside to the peg. Went a couple of years ago and they were not as fussy. We went for one night last week and were introduced to the new 'regime'. They said work had been delayed because of Newts, but did not say they were starting work so soon on the refurb.

A bit late now, but the below cl may be useful for future visits.

It's not cheap, but the local scouts/guides run a CL alongside the marine lake. It's in the C&CC lists. Has showers, £20 per unit if something like airshow or fireworks on, but £15 otherwise I believe. It's more central. I would not normally pay that, but as its supporting youth activities I would pay the premium. I only found out about this last night.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I hope you parked rear offside to the peg. Went a couple of years ago and they were not as fussy. We went for one night last week and were introduced to the new 'regime'. They said work had been delayed because of Newts, but did not say they were starting work so soon on the refurb.

A bit late now, but the below cl may be useful for future visits.

It's not cheap, but the local scouts/guides run a CL alongside the marine lake. It's in the C&CC lists. Has showers, £20 per unit if something like airshow or fireworks on, but £15 otherwise I believe. It's more central. I would not normally pay that, but as its supporting youth activities I would pay the premium. I only found out about this last night.
The Scouts site is Waterside lodge and is a CC&C Hideaway site. It is a doable walk into the shops.And certainly would support it as the income is supporting scouts not some bloated suit down South!
As for the construction work-are you sure you didn't book into Dale Farm?

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
This happened to us at Southport five years ago. We were on the pitch next to the 'out' barrier, nothing said by the wardens. Next morning at 0:700, a lorry with a large tarmac roller arrived, and unloaded at the side of our van. More kit arrived.
We went out at about 11:00, and on return found that 20 tons of hot tarmacadam had been tipped to the front of us, jockey wheel buried, and tarmac all over the front window and body.
The wardens did nothing, didnt want to know. I asked why, if they knew work was due to start, that they hadn't taped off the two pitches next to the work. They just shrugged.
I complained to the CC. They refunded our weeks money, and sent us vouchers for another week, plus paid £300 for the van to be cleaned and polished. The work they were carrying out is now the MH water and waste area.

Hi Tootles,

We got off a bit lightly then. I bet you were fuming. What is up with some of these caravan/camping sites?
When I saw the warden approaching mid morning, I thought it was too apologise??? wrong it was for a chat with the 'foreman'. We stayed in just in case one of the reversing HGV's strayed a bit.

Steve

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back