Elddis Autoquest 120, 12v problem (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
Since 1988
Hi,

I've got a new (to me; 2007 model) Elddis Autoquest 120, and my entire 12v system has gone dead. I've checked that the isolation switch by the door is on and that the leisure battery is good. It's happened before and just came back on again. Does anyone no the location of the relay that the door switch operates?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Any help appreciated.

OP
OP
Dolomite Pete
Oct 13, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
Since 1988
Wiring Diagrams

Thanks, but I do have a wiring diagram, which shows the relay, but not where it is in the van; I'll keep looking!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Doh::Doh::Doh:
WE HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND FOUND THE SWITCH FOR THE BATTERY IE VEHICLE/ AUXILLARY WAS STUCK IN THE MIDDLE AND NOT ON VEHICLE/ AUXILLARY. CHECK TO MAKE SURE IT IS SWITCHED TO ONE OR THE OTHER AND NOT IN THE MIDDLE.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,

I've got a new (to me; 2007 model) Elddis Autoquest 120, and my entire 12v system has gone dead. I've checked that the isolation switch by the door is on and that the leisure battery is good. It's happened before and just came back on again. Does anyone no the location of the relay that the door switch operates?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Any help appreciated.

Do you have the 12v isolation switch inside habitation door? Ours burnt out - bridge or join connections at back of switch and see if it comes back on. We have an Elddis 180.

Rob

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I would suggest the relay should be near or in your 12V distribution panel. After all, the reasons for having a relay (group circuit switching, voltage drop) determine where the best place to locate it is.

OP
OP
Dolomite Pete
Oct 13, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
Since 1988
Cracked it !!!

:Doh::Doh::Doh:
WE HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND FOUND THE SWITCH FOR THE BATTERY IE VEHICLE/ AUXILLARY WAS STUCK IN THE MIDDLE AND NOT ON VEHICLE/ AUXILLARY. CHECK TO MAKE SURE IT IS SWITCHED TO ONE OR THE OTHER AND NOT IN THE MIDDLE.

Many many thanks to tick59; you cracked it. It was the vehicle / aux switch stuck in the middle! Thank :thumb:you sooooooooo much mate.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On our 180 the relay is in the same box as main fuses/mcb's located under rear seat. I found it very awkward to access. When our 12v system failed we were stopped at the top of a mountain in Ausrtria somewhere. I was outside admiring the view when my wife informed me that our pump was not working. On investigation it was discovered all 12v power had failed. Gave up trying to fault find and on the way down I asked my wife if she had checked door switch was in the 'on' position which it was. That's when I decided to check switch anyway just to be sure - turned out be an easy fix. Waited till we got home and changed switch for a better quality one - been fine since.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Many many thanks to tick59; you cracked it. It was the vehicle / aux switch stuck in the middle! Thank :thumb:you sooooooooo much mate.

I nearly suggested that but thought better of it when reading that it had cured itself previously :Doh::roflmto:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WELL DONE SEE IT ONLY TAKES A DAFT GEORDIE TO SORT THE PROBLEMS OUT FOR FUNSTERS. GO ON HAVE SOME FUN!!FUN!!!FUN

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back