Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No not the product:RollEyes:
Its an amazing bit of kit, even though I thought @ about £50 the replacement filter was a tad expensive
But the Company:Doh:
It appears as though they are dicontinuing the tried and trusted model for a new kid on the block

It retails with tap at £268
and a replacement filter is only------------Wait for it
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
£225.00:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
So when the run out of My type of replacement filter its good by Nature pure
I had just recommend them to a customer but im afraid I cant in all honesty do that anymore :cry:
Pure Greed IMHO
Geo

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Lets hope that our filters are not going to be discontinued in favour of these new types.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I had a nature pure:thumb: on our previous van but as there was no place to fit one on our new van I fiitted a Whale in line filter £20
I have not used it yet but has anyone tried these

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Last time I spoke to Harald about the new filter he told me the old filter cartridge's would still be available for at least 10 years at the same price. With over a million units in boats and aircraft it would be corporate suicide to not continue providing them as they are the main source of income

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
jim,i use a doulton berkefeld system .
i bought mine from brownchurch landrovers in london .
Broken Link Removed.
it as a scrub-able filter . its ceramic and as silver inlay .
most will have a water pump .and wont need the shower attachment they do in the kit . but i can say the filter is great.
replacement filters can be bought off several other suppliers on ebay .
i only use mine if i doubt the quality of water . its a separate tap in my trailer .but can be made to be an in line filter system .
i use the ultra carb filter .

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I think you mis-read the web site Geo. The £225 product is the same as the £268 one but without the separate tap. Replacement filters are still £59.

Maybe I did Graham but the clue, it seemed was in the wording "Discontinued":ROFLMAO:
Link Removed For the clue
It might be a trade secret so keep it to yourself:thumb:
Here for the new Kid
Geo

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Maybe I did Graham but the clue, it seemed was in the wording "Discontinued":ROFLMAO:
Link Removed For the clue
It might be a trade secret so keep it to yourself:thumb:
Here for the new Kid
Geo

Aren't those just the old and new complete models which use the same filters?

Anyhow, it isn't fair cos I can't fit one in our van :cry:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
The Link Removed (which includes the filter) for the new QC system is £96.

The Link Removed for the old (now redundant system) is £59.

Having had both systems I do prefer the new QC system as it is easier when draining down just to unscrew the canister. Not so keen on the price. :winky:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
so looking at the new one how can they justify charging £129 for the screw cap bit at the top and a couple of bits of pipe ?????

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i bought the old system at Malvern from Harald who when questioned about future availability assured me that filters would be available for at least 10 years.

what i did not realise until i read the small print on the leaflets in the box is:-

the filter housing only has an expected life of 3 years...:Doh:

dont know what drives that but will wait and see.

great filter though:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as already said Graham.....the filter for the new boy is £96, around 90% more than the old one.

as Geo said....greed.

Link Removed

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If the water on any site makes a good cup of tea then its ok. You can buy a lot of bottled water for the price of these filter systems. Dont think we use 5 litres of water a day for drinking or making tea and coffee. Price of those filter systems makes wine cheap. BUSBY::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If the water on any site makes a good cup of tea then its ok. You can buy a lot of bottled water for the price of these filter systems. Dont think we use 5 litres of water a day for drinking or making tea and coffee. Price of those filter systems makes wine cheap. BUSBY::bigsmile:

thats fine if you dont mind dragging gallons of bottled water around.

but the water in your tank will eventually go stale is it isnt dropped and refilled regularly.....hence the need for a quality filter.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats the trouble of not using your camper enough . get out and use it dont park it up. i try to put tap water in mine where ever possible . most of eu use chlorinated water so you are almost certain its ok . unless you are allergic to it .
water in black plastic tanks should last a long time . black stop alga growth .plus there is something in black plastic that helps as well ,so i,m told . the army use black plastic water containers and keep it for months even years its ok .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
thats fine if you dont mind dragging gallons of bottled water around.

but the water in your tank will eventually go stale is it isnt dropped and refilled regularly.....hence the need for a quality filter.

Carry 5 litres when travelling plus half a tank for washing pots and personal washing if on an aire or wild camping. Once on site use their tap water. I never use tank water for personal consumtion. Water is for when your DIRTY, Beer is for when your THIRSTY. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The water may be clean until it hits the tap. But if you have seen what some of the dirty B&^ards get up to there is no way you would drink from that tap....

I have seen people washing their cassettes by putting the tap head all the way into the cassette spout.... No way was I drinking that....

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
The water may be clean until it hits the tap. But if you have seen what some of the dirty B&^ards get up to there is no way you would drink from that tap....

I have seen people washing their cassettes by putting the tap head all the way into the cassette spout.... No way was I drinking that....

I have in France, never ever in Spain. Taps usually no where near a drain. Never ever get upset stomach abroad so water must be ok. If you buy water in 5 litre bottles i dont know how long a filter system would take to pay for its self. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I would not be without one at any price. I can get my kettle under the tap and clean my teeth in guaranteed clean water :thumb:. I used to carry 2x5litre containers but what a farce :roflmto:
CA_06291313391669-L.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back