Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
There are lots of comments about changing tyres after 5 years :cry:

During my time owning vans and pickup trucks we never even checked the age of tyres, just changed them as required. Never had a problem.

Anyway looking at the following link it suggest check every year after 5 years (MOT) and replace at 10 years, sounds much more reasonable :thumb:

Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you use your motorhome as it should be used, then changing tyres before they are worn out should never be a problem. Have never had to worry about tyre age myself :Cool:.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
There are lots of comments about changing tyres after 5 years :cry:

During my time owning vans and pickup trucks we never even checked the age of tyres, just changed them as required. Never had a problem.

Anyway looking at the following link it suggest check every year after 5 years (MOT) and replace at 10 years, sounds much more reasonable :thumb:

Link Removed

Hi Ed my advice to people with an RV,motorhome or caravan is change after 7yrs regardless of whether they look mint or not,the tyre casing gets internally stressed & fatiqued and can just blow out without warning.
brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hi Ed my advice to people with an RV,motorhome or caravan is change after 7yrs regardless of whether they look mint or not,the tyre casing gets internally stressed & fatiqued and can just blow out without warning.
brian

Sounds right.........Er, can I have your old ones??:winky:

A lot of this came out a while ago concerning caravans. Big panic, and the tyre companies struck gold.

Last edited:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Sounds right.........Er, can I have your old ones??:winky:

A lot of this came out a while ago concerning caravans. Big panic, and the tyre companies struck gold.

i can only give advice whether people choose to take that advice is up to them.perhaps i will stop giving advice if all you get is sarky comments.
brian

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
i can only give advice whether people choose to take that advice is up to them.perhaps[HI] i will stop giving advice[/HI] if all you get is sarky comments.
brian

Please don't.:Sad:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
i can only give advice whether people choose to take that advice is up to them.perhaps i will stop giving advice if all you get is sarky comments.
brian

Really sorry if I have offended you in any way, that was not my intention. The first comment was tongue in cheek, but the second was my own opinion, based on 40 years of owning a caravan.
Your opinion is accepted by me 100%, I hope you can reciprocate. :Smile:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Really sorry if I have offended you in any way, that was not my intention. The first comment was tongue in cheek, but the second was my own opinion, based on 40 years of owning a caravan.
Your opinion is accepted by me 100%, I hope you can reciprocate. :Smile:

no probs.i was not offended,im to long in the tooth for that.:roflmto:but I will say that my advice is free,the damage on the motorhome when a tyre blows out is not:winky:
brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back