Urgent help please - anyone speak dutch!!! (1 Viewer)

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Mental last minute request please!!!

Someone has just accepted my offer of 9000 euros for this - but I can't get through on the number he has listed on his ad. He say's he will accept my offer to collect but I need to pay cash only.

Broken Link Removed

The number listed keeps coming up with "not recognised" even though I am dialling 003113..........then the number......

As I am trying to communicate via google translate it's a bit difficult.

I will need to take my daughter, the dog, and get the train down to Harwich and then across to Holland, if we leave tomorrow morning with overnight sailing we could be there Thursday to collect.

Anyone got any thoughts, as I don't want to go through all that if it's a scam, but to me, it looks a decent price and worth the effort involved.

Thanks you guys! ::bigsmile:

(Okay he's sent me the correct number now, but I still need a dutch speaker to phone him for me please?)

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
drop a pm to onderweg he is Dutch and living there. He speaks excellent English as do most Dutch people. Don't part with money until you have checked out the van.
The link just comes up email sent and no van. It needs checking before travelling all that way with cash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Ok do you have a landline number in the UK and is it land line in The Netherlands.

If you have a land line I can phonz it free so send me your landline number via PM and I will phone you

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If Onderweg is in it would be beter because the Dutch accent is sometimes a bit heavy for me.
But i will do my best
Mel

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can't help with the question but if you do go why not go from Newcastle save you going all the way to harwich. We used that route last week and was fine

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
I would love to go from Newcastle but I can't take the dog as a foot passenger - only from Harwich, total pain!

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi,

Someone has just accepted my offer of 9000 euros for this - but I can't get through on the number he has listed on his ad. He say's he will accept my offer to collect but I need to pay cash only.

Broken Link Removed

The number listed keeps coming up with "not recognised" even though I am dialling 003113..........then the number......

I will need to take my daughter, the dog, and get the train down to Harwich and then across to Holland, if we leave tomorrow morning with overnight sailing we could be there Thursday to collect.

Anyone got any thoughts, as I don't want to go through all that if it's a scam, but to me, it looks a decent price and worth the effort involved.

(Okay he's sent me the correct number now, but I still need a dutch speaker to phone him for me please?)

I should think he has
he's only asking 8500:Doh:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
I'm not that blonde!!!! (Although I am :ROFLMAO:)

I offered 8500 but he rejected it, so didn't want to mess about.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Thanks!!!

A BIG, BIG, BIG thank you to the wonderful Meor, who kindly helped me out with the phone call.

All sorted, thanks to him, I LOVE this forum - you guys are great!

:thumb:

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi,

Broken Link Removed

Is this very cheap , I don't know anything about these vans, if not it seems Avery dodgey way of buying a van, all you know is in Dutch , it's going to cost a fortune to get there then if you don't know much about them , how will you know if it's ok.
Plus if you are going to register it here there is going to be more costs, mot is one big one. Be very careful, if you can take someone with you who knows about mhs.
If you have all this covered please ignore me but on face value it looks very risky.:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Well, it all looks okay to me, but I have to see it.

No, I don't know anything but I'm happy to take the risk, throw caution to the wind etc............

It's a decent price, I was going to buy an imported one from Ikonic but they are charging £15995, so I figure, if there are any problems, I can get them sorted out with the money I save.

(No, sadly have no one to check it out for me.)

:roflmto:

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Pinky good luck with it, hope it turns out well, if you go into chat Paul may be in there from Holland and maybe you could pick his brain, hope all goes out well.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I am not sure what is involved but remember you have to get this re-registered in UK..
That means new MOT, so straight away, maybe some cash layout on headlights and any other changes to make it UK spec...

Good luck anyway....

Whoops, just read Chasers post.. so "ditto"

It worries me somewhat that it was advertised for €8500 but then he would not sell at that, any normal person would and have been happy.
Unless they think "christmas has come" !!!
Hope your not going alone with a child and a bag of €9000 cash !!!!
:( dont want to put a damper on it but be careful.. You do hear of things happening...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Not to mention some third party insurance cover to get the van back to the channel embarkation point. Dave (Snowbird) would be the best to ask.

Was in the Netherlands last week and toyed with the idea of buying an e bike, but bottled out due to lack of clarity on after sales service back in Blighty from manufacturers such as Trek, Batavus, Reise & Muller to name but a few.

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I would love to go from Newcastle but I can't take the dog as a foot passenger - only from Harwich, total pain!
you will have enough to do without the dog ether get sum one to look after it or put it in kennels for a few days trust me you are going to Holland not hull for the day you then got all the finding a vet on the way back and all the hastil of importing a vehicle it will be easer to get a Afghan in
so leave the dog with family

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Yes I know.............but..............sadly................

All the kennels are full, I've already checked for later this month, (and he hasn't had kc jab yet) and I have no family.

or friends up here for that matter, (just to answer your next question :ROFLMAO:)

Life would be so much simpler if I had a support network, but I don't, so we just get on with things and make the best of it. It might be a pain in the butt, but we manage! :Smile:

Upvote 0

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Pinky,

Just read your post tonight. Dont know whether you still need some help, but if so sent me a PM with details of how i can be of help

If better, most evenings you will find me in the chat around 23.00-24.00 hours

Regards
Paul and Ineke

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Yes I know.............but..............sadly................

All the kennels are full, I've already checked for later this month, (and he hasn't had kc jab yet) and I have no family.

or friends up here for that matter, (just to answer your next question :ROFLMAO:)

Life would be so much simpler if I had a support network, but I don't, so we just get on with things and make the best of it. It might be a pain in the butt, but we manage! :Smile:
OK there are other kennels give it sum taught first but iam sure there is a better solution than taking the dog how big is it

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Can i ask if it has to be left hand drive? as there is this on fleabay in this country

Link Removed

Holland seems a long way to go if it wasnt right

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Thanks Chatter!

However, I must have an automatic as that's all I can drive and I particularly wanted a Mercedes base.

Yes, it's a long way, but when you've done the drive to Sicily and back with an 11 year old and a labradoodle in a Nissan micra................you're up for anything! :ROFLMAO:

Nothing ventured etc...........

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
It will not be easy, if the van has no faults or damp you will need insurance to drive it over there to the channel and then as soon as it lands it would need a uk mot and to be registered and fresh uk insurance, (not sure if any of our insurance companies would cover it under the dutch reg till you had an uk reg on it)

Think carefully especially if you are on your own with daughter and dog. I would consider that on its own as too many distractions when looking at a vehicle in another country

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
tickets all booked............i'm ready to go! ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok seems as if you are determined, so good luck ::bigsmile: let us know how you get on :thumb:

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Is this very cheap , I don't know anything about these vans, if not it seems Avery dodgey way of buying a van, all you know is in Dutch , it's going to cost a fortune to get there then if you don't know much about them , how will you know if it's ok.
Plus if you are going to register it here there is going to be more costs, mot is one big one. Be very careful, if you can take someone with you who knows about mhs.
If you have all this covered please ignore me but on face value it looks very risky.:Smile:

Quite true, BUT it's not costing £40.000 plus :winky::winky:

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Old Mo speaks double dutch.

He could be twice as helpful as anyone else:thumb: