Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
None, nada, nix! The man in reception say the wee fee is broken. So anyone coming here soonish, think alternative. Other than that, the weather is fine and all is right with the world. ::bigsmile:

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
None, nada, nix! The man in reception say the wee fee is broken. So anyone coming here soonish, think alternative. Other than that, the weather is fine and all is right with the world. ::bigsmile:

Are you sure? The Dutch have antennae taking out most of the signal at Villasol. Have given up on campsite Wi-Fi in Spain. Unlocked Mi-FI dongle and free hot spots for me.:Angry:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
they bloody better get it sorted before we arrive although with me booster i will prolly get amerello's wifi will just have to con them for a password so i will send pete and ken in there make out they are doing some sort of survey into wifi signals if that dont work ken can chat the receptionist up while pete nicks the book of passwords :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
they bloody better get it sorted before we arrive although with me booster i will prolly get amerello's wifi will just have to con them for a password so i will send pete and ken in there make out they are doing some sort of survey into wifi signals if that dont work ken can chat the receptionist up while pete nicks the book of passwords :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This sounds like my "ruse" at our apartment which is over the road from the hotel Helios..
I put my best touristy shorts and T shirt on, wander in and to the reception desk like the new arrival. Ask if they have WIFI.. Then get a 5 min explanation after which they give me a free pass code for the week.. :) Back to the apartment and then I can sit on the balcony and get to see what you lot are up to !!!

Villasol wifi has never been very good, even with the expensive fee they charge. With a booster you can see other signals from other sites. Never found any free one. :Sad:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
well its either that or a sim for spain but i aint had to get 1 yet so hopefully i still wont have to :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Spottycatz

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
I put a Spanish Orange sim in my ipad, back in Logrono on the way down. We get reception in most places and the PAYG is €29 a month, which is for unlimited access. I think it's an OK deal. :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
that dont sound to bad and it could be even cheaper than some sites charge and the fact i have a mifi means others should be able to hook up to it

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i think this trip i will defo try a carrefor sim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ruse? A new word for theft?

Strange isn't it.

He'd be horrified at the thought of stealing one grape from Tesco.

People just can't come to terms with the computer age. How many offers of "free" software to we get in here. "You're a mate here copy this". "Good film this, I'll send you a copy". "I'll hack into this WiFi".

OK, how about "I'll just bypass this electric meter". "I'll syphon some diesel out of this truck".

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i eat grapes from tesco its cheaper than buying the bloody things and i also ruse people's wifi none of which are theft the grapes are consumables and if they ain't sold they will have to throw em away so im helping with litter and the wifi cant be theft as nothing is removed for anyones person or premises and even if their wifi is locked its not my fault if their code is easy to hack :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
i eat grapes from tesco its cheaper than buying the bloody things and i also ruse people's wifi none of which are theft the grapes are consumables and if they ain't sold they will have to throw em away so im helping with litter and the [HI]wifi cant be theft as nothing is removed for anyones person or premises and even if their wifi is locked its not my fault if their code is easy to hack[/HI] :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are technically not stealing unless YOU actually hack their wireless network, then it is theft and here in Spain it is the same as UK and rest of the world you will be taken to court and ALL your computer equipment will be removed as evidence. This could mean retaining your MH as evidence!

Read: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1548960/Two-arrested-over-wifi-theft.html

The Communications Act 2003 says a "person who (a) dishonestly obtains an electronic communications service, and (b) does so with intent to avoid payment of a charge applicable to the provision of that service, is guilty of an offence".

Now whilst the average owner may not know they are being hacked, these days you never know and someone could come knocking......... I have locked my wifi to MAC address's only and check now and then the router for access.

I hope you don't get caught, but would laugh my socks off if you did..... if your MH in the same place as me and I found you hacking or trying to hack my wifi I would be knocking on your door.....:censored:2

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
john u can check away trust me no one is safe as for knocking on my door that would be funny cause i aint that silly i would do it from petes or kens so knock away and a scrambled signal you wouldnt track anyway so now i will be looking for your signal just for the fun of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back