Interested in this Hymer (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Link Removed

Any thoughts on this Hymer ? there's no mention of Service History but beyond that it looks a decent example. Is the money right for it?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It looks a nice van to me:thumb:

Are you sure you want the fixed bed though? Great for sleeping but for us the limit on personal space when you are awake ( and it's raining) was too much. I in particular hated it on the last van.

Good luck:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We went there a few weeks ago to see a '93 Hymer for £10k......Never seen such a load of crap that they seem to have there. They are the company that others tend to sell their 'unwanted' vans to. Check them out first, before you travel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
22,000 miles in 10 years..

Check tyres and cambelt change.. Although low mileage both these are also time critical and should have been changed, in fact almost coming up to being done again..

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Yes I know what you mean however there is a good reason for this, one of us snores & I mean snores & it int' me & I'm fed up of it :RollEyes: & I'm going to get into loads of trouble now!!!
Also I think the space is compensated for with the decent sized garage underneath so although I've baulked against a fixed bed before now I like the layout & size of the lounge area on this one so aren't too concerned.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
re Hymer

Looks good.
I like fixed beds, as can't be bothered to make it up every night.
Some say its a waste of space, but to me, it has large storage underneath,
so horses for courses as they say ::bigsmile:

The shower looks like it has a wall that pivots, so you get a sqaure shower cubicle, rather that a wet room room.
Just make sure shower/loo is big enought for you to use.
Can you pick the soap up if you drop it? :ROFLMAO:

I have heard of somone having to leave the loo door open, as not enough room for his legs!
Also make sure ascending up to the bed is no problem for you both.
Also, with a drop down bed at the front, some couples have a double bed each!

Build quality should be fine, but always get any van checked out.

As for price, i'm sure somone will advise.

Good luck, S

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hymer

Are you sure you want the fixed bed though? Great for sleeping but for us the limit on personal space when you are awake ( and it's raining) was too much. I in particular hated it on the last van.

If its raining, just go back to bed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
We went there a few weeks ago to see a '93 Hymer for £10k......Never seen such a load of crap that they seem to have there. They are the company that others tend to sell their 'unwanted' vans to. Check them out first, before you travel.
Thanks for that, they have mentioned in their advert that they won't answer E mails, phone calls only which is a bit odd & its difficult to tell the condition off of photos so I make further checks. They do have 100% feedback however.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I have thought about those 524's. Not much lounging space, but you do get a garage and they aren't long, so if the van dimensions are important to you this van may be the one for you.

I did see a 640starline at the Shepton show, which was tidy. Similar layout to our van, which is great for lounging but short of storage.
Link Removed

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
I have thought about those 524's. Not much lounging space, but you do get a garage and they aren't long, so if the van dimensions are important to you this van may be the one for you.

I did see a 640starline at the Shepton show, which was tidy. Similar layout to our van, which is great for lounging but short of storage.
Link Removed
Looks a good Van & on a Merc but its a bit long for me I don't really want to go above 20ft.

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Jez, I can't sit here all day - out the door to see us turn over the Swans and take our rightful place above the two Manchesters and back into a Euro spot :Eeek:
Love the comment I heard about how David Moyes had spent 11 years trying to get Everton above United and had finally succeeded this season :roflmto:

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Ah Ah you go for it, have a great afternoon at St Mary's & I'll be watching the score. You'll only be a point behind Arsenal if West Brom do 'em later on as well. :thumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Dont know if this is a better one for you ,It was listed a little while back same dealer for £22000 ?

Link Removed

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
If you are prepared to go over to Preston why not arrange to see the ones Peter Hambilton has at Hymer Direct Link Removed.
Peter trained at Hymer and was a technician at Madisons,before Brownhills took them over,what he doesn't know about Hymers isn't worth knowing.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
This mh seems a little expensive to my way of thinking. When buying a mh of this age any warranty given by the dealer would be suspect so why pay the extra.
We have a mh with a similar layout as this hymer and for the same reason you like it. I have solved the space problem by removing the fixed table and using a folding table which doubles nicely when eating al fresco.

I saw this N+B which is the same as mine and has some useful extras, like an oven and solar panel on roof - it may be worth a look and remember you can bargain this one down more easily.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/arto-by-niesmann-bischoff/1033578996

Norman.

If you decide to look at it PM me and I will tell you what to look out for.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987

Good luck:thumb:

Good for lying on and watching tv in the rain though. Personally, I would hate to keep making a bed up every night, thats why we bought a fixed bed model. Still plenty of room to use in the rest of the van if you get the right layout.
Allan

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Good for lying on and watching tv in the rain though. Personally, I would hate to keep making a bed up every night, thats why we bought a fixed bed model. Still plenty of room to use in the rest of the van if you get the right layout.
Allan

I can make my rear bed up in under 5 mins and as such have so much more van to use,if its raining, as you say,we can leave it up ,and as a rear lounge bed can fit all 4 of us plus dog for a lazy day watching DVDs .
Try doing that on an island bed!
If of course your in a hurry and you can't afford the 5 mins it takes to make up the rear bed ,perhaps you're getting too old and should buy a static!
You can tell when your getting too old,simply pull down your khaki shorts to your sandals (just below your socks) .Then when you feel a fart coming on , ask your other arf to look out for dust :ROFLMAO:

Vlad

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
This mh seems a little expensive to my way of thinking. When buying a mh of this age any warranty given by the dealer would be suspect so why pay the extra.
We have a mh with a similar layout as this hymer and for the same reason you like it. I have solved the space problem by removing the fixed table and using a folding table which doubles nicely when eating al fresco.

I saw this N+B which is the same as mine and has some useful extras, like an oven and solar panel on roof - it may be worth a look and remember you can bargain this one down more easily.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/arto-by-niesmann-bischoff/1033578996

Norman.

If you decide to look at it PM me and I will tell you what to look out for.

We saw an Artois at Oaktree motorhomes todays 52 plate at £ 18,000 not for us so cannot say anything more about it. Their site is down and they have moved so you could try ringing them I think this is the number on this thread

Broken Link Removed

:thumb:

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
22,000 miles in 10 years..

Check tyres and cambelt change.. Although low mileage both these are also time critical and should have been changed, in fact almost coming up to being done again..

I always advise people to get a price for the cambelt change from their local mechanic/garage and then get this knocked off the price. I've seen so called cambelt changes done and the bolts on the cam covers have clearly never been undone for a long time. Just a thought. :Smile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Beds are made near on instant if you use Duvalays, no bother, best of both worlds then. :thumb:

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I bought my Hymer from this dealer and was delighted with it ..Have had it over 2 years now...My twin sis also bought a Hymer from him too and she is delighted with it.. All the upholstery was re done and what a fantastic job was done. I would certainly go back . I was free to look around all the vans and the owner was very helpful. The vans are reasonably priced to reflect that they are used and may have some cosmetic imperfections ie small dints...but the way I look at it if you want perfection then you pay a bit more..

Shirl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back