LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
doubt the traffic will be that bad unless ya crossed the pond to visit lakeside :ROFLMAO:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The M25!! My worst nightmares are always centred on that poor excuse for the highway from hell. Many hours spent crawling a few hundred yards towards the Dartford Tunnel ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG.
I pray to Allah and The Prophet, (may his head be covered in custard), every day, that should I even THINK about going that way again, a dozen fat old Arab women will throw lard at me in the afterlife! :shout::shout:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
The M25!! My worst nightmares are always centred on that poor excuse for the highway from hell. Many hours spent crawling a few hundred yards towards the Dartford Tunnel ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG.
I pray to Allah and The Prophet, (may his head be covered in custard), every day, that should I even THINK about going that way again, a dozen fat old Arab women will throw lard at me in the afterlife! :shout::shout:

Your misery will soon be over. As from next October:

A long-awaited end to congestion problems at the hellish Dartford Crossing is in sight after a £367 million contract to deliver the new free-flow tolls was signed.
It is hoped the removal of the barriers will ease congestion at the crossing, which is a notorious traffic trouble spot.
The Highways Agency has awarded the seven-year contract to French motorway operator Sanef to design, implement, deliver and operate the tolling system. The contract could be extended by an additional three years.
New technology will allow drivers to use the crossing without having to stop at the barriers to hand over payment.
Road users will instead be able to pay over the phone, by text, online and at retail outlets before they use the crossing.
They will also have until midnight the next day to pay the standard charge. Failure to pay will see motorists slapped with a £70 fine, which will be reduced to £35 if paid within 14 days.
Pre-paid accounts, which qualify for discounted journeys, will also be available. The toll booths will be removed but the price will go up, surprise surprise

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have had a few problems on the M25 but they are infrequent if you time it right. Avoid Fridays all day, Sundays after 12 noon and any other day between 7.30am - 9.30 and 4.30 PM - 7pm.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's about right, Chris. our office is almost under the bridge opposite the Ibis hotel and it is distressing watching the traffic simply crawl across. When I do go in the office (work mainly from home or travelling) I leave home before 0600 to get in at about 0715 and avoid the queues southbound which build up as you say. Leave about 1630 to avoid part of the traffic on the way home and never go in the office on a Friday if at all possible

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

A long-awaited end to congestion problems at the hellish Dartford Crossing is in sight after a £367 million contract to deliver the new free-flow tolls was signed.
It is hoped the removal of the barriers will ease congestion at the crossing, which is a notorious traffic trouble spot.
The Highways Agency has awarded the seven-year contract to French motorway operator Sanef to design, implement, deliver and operate the tolling system. The contract could be extended by an additional three years.
New technology will allow drivers to use the crossing without having to stop at the barriers to hand over payment.
Road users will instead be able to pay over the phone, by text, online and at retail outlets before they use the crossing.
They will also have until midnight the next day to pay the standard charge. Failure to pay will see motorists slapped with a £70 fine, which will be reduced to £35 if paid within 14 days.
Pre-paid accounts, which qualify for discounted journeys, will also be available. The toll booths will be removed but the price will go up, surprise surprise

AND FOREIGN VEHICLES WILL CROSS FREE, as they have no system to chase non payment abroad. BUSBY :cry:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Call me MR THICKO, but who the hell is paying the £367 mil??? If the highways agency are paying this French firm to run it, then they might as well just make it free, after all, the tunnel, (not sure about the bridge), was built with public money.
If, on the other hand, the French are paying us to 'manage' it, then its got to be worth a damned site more then the amount quoted, so why aren't the HA running the thing, creating BRITISH jobs, and handing over the profits to London, and not Paris??
The FFFFFFFF.......(was going to say FROGS), French have their grubby little onion stained fingers in enough of our utilities at the mo, without this. Whats next, one may ask, a HA patrol on the M6 consisting of a guy on a bike, wearing a beret and striped jumper??

Rant concluded......:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Call me MR THICKO, but who the hell is paying the £367 mil??? If the highways agency are paying this French firm to run it, then they might as well just make it free, after all, the tunnel, (not sure about the bridge), was built with public money.
If, on the other hand, the French are paying us to 'manage' it, then its got to be worth a damned site more then the amount quoted, so why aren't the HA running the thing, creating BRITISH jobs, and handing over the profits to London, and not Paris??
The FFFFFFFF.......(was going to say FROGS), French have their grubby little onion stained fingers in enough of our utilities at the mo, without this. Whats next, one may ask, a HA patrol on the M6 consisting of a guy on a bike, wearing a beret and striped jumper??

Rant concluded......:Eeek:

Our refuge collection is FRENCH owned but have not seen any FRENCH bin men on our round yet. Trade is now international. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our refuge collection is FRENCH owned but have not seen any FRENCH bin men on our round yet. Trade is now international. BUSBY::bigsmile:

And our electricity and gas??:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back