Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I have been looking for a campervan/motorhome for me and the family but no luck yet. I have been on eBay gumtree etc and seen loads and been to see a few and all was not what was advertised. I have emailed and massaged loads and asked them how many seatbelts is it rot and damp free but hardly anyone gets back to me don't they want my money? Sorry rant over

Mark

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You have got to go and look at them, don't believe what they say, but hey there is hundreds, get out there and have a look:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Have you tried Preloved? They claim to have 2052 ads on that section, several in Hudds and area... Keep going, I waited 18 months to get my first one!

Catherine

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Mark its better to have all the grief now than rushing into it and end up with grief. Stick with it and only go for one when your happy.

Good luck

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks guys your right. It's not fustrating I have not found one yet it's the people who don't seem to want to get back to you after asking questions

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well maybe that gives a clue that what they are advertising isn't as good as it sounds ....... and that's saved you a wasted journey!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
looking for the right motorhome is quite soul destroying.

Either people dont answer your questions or they tell you their motorhome is totally fault free yet on arrival to inspect the damp can be seen straight away.

It took us months to find our last motorhome and none of our purchases were easy finds.

Keep at it, you have funsters here helping you too.

Dont get too disheartened xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh and to answer your question

its so hard because, there are not as many motorhomes as cars

and

not everyone is accurate when describing the vehicle condition

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Shame you are up North but we have supplied a number of motorhomes up there to happy and satisfied customers.

Why not give Andy a call and have a chat to him

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Shame you are up North but we have supplied a number of motorhomes up there to happy and satisfied customers.

Why not give Andy a call and have a chat to him

Peter

Marks budget is around 6k Peter :winky:
Unfortunately you will have to put yourself out a lot Mark :thumb:When I first looked around I soon learned that 9 out of 10 sellers in that price bracket tell lies ::bigsmile:they don't know the difference between dry, damp and soaked :Eeek:
There are vans out there but you either believe lies and be disappointed, or get out and look because if they are good/ok they sell quickly.
Terry

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I know how you feel Mark ! And I can't even do it myself... very frustrating ! On the other hand I am pretty sure the funsters who have been looking at vans for me , did a much much better job than I would have done ! You can't beat experience!

I'm having a little pause now ! May be it will knock at my door ... who knows !:winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Last edited:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
It took us over a year to get the layour etc. we wanted, and we had already been owners of a van for 4 years, went to all the shows, inspected and checked them out all to no avail.

Eventually found what we wanted by mistake, we had decided on a Lunar 786 but that got sold before we went to sign the paperwork (verbal agreement only) and the vehicle which was part exchanged was exactly what we wanted. :thumb:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
It took us 18months to find our first van. Most were too expensive or very beaten up. On the upside you do get to know the market well...
As long as your expectations are realistic, your van will eventually come up for sale - good luck with it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back