Germany/Slovenia/Croatia (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Once again, I seek your advice and knowledge for the trip I intend to make next year.
My plan is to spend around 5 weeks visiting Germany/ Slovenia and finally Croatia. I think I should do maybe 4-5 days in Germany, same again in Slovenia (I've read it should not be missed !) and the remaining time in Croatia.
We would probably start out towards end of May and would welcome you recommendations and advice on must see places/sites. My wife's preferences for campsites are those that are not too isolated and near local towns or at least with good transport links.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we did the same journey earlier this year nice aire at uberlingen on the bodensee just 10 mins walk into town slovenia and croatia the sites are huge and we were told wild camping is vorbotten dont forget to pop into Luxemburg for cheap diesel

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gerry,
Enjoyed your blog, very surprised at the prices you were being charged, I guess that's down to the time of the year. I plan to visit in June so hopefully prices and heat will be more comfortable.

Hi Phill
Yes the prices do shoot up for July and August, I can't remember if I mentioned on my blog if your going to lake Bled just drive past the campsite by about 20yards there is a car park there and your allowed to stay overnight for € 10 with no facilities although you could walk into the campsite.

Also if you fancy Bovec which was lovely they have a camper stop at the start of the town across from the petrol station I didn't use it but I think it was €15 a night with hook up and water.

Here is a link that might be useful some are campsites and some are like aires it has the Bovec one on it, if you need any info that you can't find let me know I could always ask my friend who is from Ljubljana and alls a motorhomer.

http://www.slovenia.info/?parkirisca_za_avtodome=0

Please feel free to ask and I will help if I can.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Once again, I seek your advice and knowledge for the trip I intend to make next year.
My plan is to spend around 5 weeks visiting Germany/ Slovenia and finally Croatia. I think I should do maybe 4-5 days in Germany, same again in Slovenia (I've read it should not be missed !) and the remaining time in Croatia.
We would probably start out towards end of May and would welcome you recommendations and advice on must see places/sites. My wife's preferences for campsites are those that are not too isolated and near local towns or at least with good transport links.

Thanks in advance.

Lake Bled is the most beautiful place we have ever visited. We would love to go there again in the Motorhome, but we are not sure about taking dogs outside EU.

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Lake Bled is the most beautiful place we have ever visited. We would love to go there again in the Motorhome, but we are not sure about taking dogs outside EU.

Ginny

I think you will find Slovenia is a member of the EU and has been since 2004. So shouldn't be a problem taking the dogs I'm sure they'd love a swim in the lake.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back