Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Hi
I am looking for a full parts manual for the habitation side of our 2004 Hobby 700. What i particularly am after is the small circuit board where the wiring from the taps terminate on to. I have a Shurflo water pump fitted with built in pressure sensor that switches the pump on when taps are opened. However the toilet flush does not work on the pressure so cant flush. Im not sure if a previous owner changed the pump as the relay on this board switches the pump on. Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Hi
I am looking for a full parts manual for the habitation side of our 2004 Hobby 700. What i particularly am after is the small circuit board where the wiring from the taps terminate on to. I have a Shurflo water pump fitted with built in pressure sensor that switches the pump on when taps are opened. However the toilet flush does not work on the pressure so cant flush. Im not sure if a previous owner changed the pump as the relay on this board switches the pump on. Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks

I found the Hobby importers " Ambergate " parts dept really good, gave them the VIN No and they told me all about mine and the one bit they did not have arrived from Germany within 7 days,

Hobby UK Ltd
Ripley Rd
Ambergate
Derbyshire
DE56 2EP

TEL: 01773 853900

General Enquiries: info@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
Sales Enquiries: sales@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
Online Store Enquiries: spares@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
Accessories: accessories@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
usually its either micro switches in taps switching a relay to enegise pump or pressure switch on pump
sounds like someone has replaced the pump
im sure there is a micro switch in the thetford toilets to do the pump onswitching if yoiur toilet is the type thats connected to the van water supply and your running on a pressure system the micro switch isnt needed

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
usually its either micro switches in taps switching a relay to enegise pump or pressure switch on pump
sounds like someone has replaced the pump
im sure there is a micro switch in the thetford toilets to do the pump onswitching if yoiur toilet is the type thats connected to the van water supply and your running on a pressure system the micro switch isnt needed

Hi.
Yes all the taps have micro switches which do energise the relay, the relay is not switching the 12 volt to run the pump. As it is a shurflo pump with built in pressure switch i have wired it to use the pressure system. All the taps work this way except for the toilet flush, which does use the onboard tank for flushing. I am struggling to know why the toilet side doesnt flush.

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
I found the Hobby importers " Ambergate " parts dept really good, gave them the VIN No and they told me all about mine and the one bit they did not have arrived from Germany within 7 days,

Hobby UK Ltd
Ripley Rd
Ambergate
Derbyshire
DE56 2EP

TEL: 01773 853900

General Enquiries: info@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
Sales Enquiries: sales@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
Online Store Enquiries: spares@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk
Accessories: accessories@hobbycaravansuk.co.uk

Hi
Thanks for this info, i will give them a call

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
are you any good at DIY ?

if so, trace the microswitch wires from the toilet flush and use them to activate a 12v relay.

connect a fused 12v supply to the switch if necessary....the power needed to switch the relay is insignificant so the microswitch will cope ok.....and the other switch wire to the relay.

connect the relay output to the pump and feed the relay from a fused 12v live circuit

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
are you any good at DIY ?

if so, trace the microswitch wires from the toilet flush and use them to activate a 12v relay.

connect a fused 12v supply to the switch if necessary....the power needed to switch the relay is insignificant so the microswitch will cope ok.....and the other switch wire to the relay.

connect the relay output to the pump and feed the relay from a fused 12v live circuit

Hi pappajohn
Yes I'm confident to do that so the toilet flushes from the pump being activated from the microswitch and leave all the other taps using the pressure system to activate the pump?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the toilet switch opens a solenoid valve in the toilet to allow water through on models that are plumbed in to the onboard tank

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back