South of France (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Hi We are planning 10 days in france in the next few weeks on the off chance that its sunny in the languedoc area we might whizz down for some sun. Does anyone know of any nice sites down there that may be open until the beginning of November. Possibly with beach access or pool and places to cycle to (gently!).

I have had a quick look at asci card sites and camping chqs but not really seen anything overly great (location rather than facilities). Ideally we do not want a shaded pitch.

Any ideas?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you are heading for a beach site in the Languedoc at this time of year am afraid you will be quite disappointed. Argeles which has the most campsites in Europe per square mile is shut for the winter. There are plenty of Aires around the coast and you will find the odd campsite inland who cater for the snowbirds open, but that's about it am afraid. For some strange reason, that area of France switches the lights out on the last day of August, even though the weather is still good. There is of course still plenty to do as its now getting the beginning of the vendange in the Languedoc and many villages will have some sort of party going on.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Argeles which has the most campsites in Europe per square mile is shut for the winter..

Great place.

But if closed, not many miles down the road the Spanish will make him most welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I am near Beziers at the moment and it is true, most of the campsites near the beach are closed or closing town, 30/9 seems to be the absolute latest date.

There are a few campsites inland open, I am at one now, Les Burges du Canal,
But what you find is that they get full quickly as there are so few open. Also the pool shuts early September.

25c here today, but a couple of days rain on the way.

My suggestion is to look at the acsi book and head further down to Spain if you are thinking of a longer spell

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi We are planning 10 days in france in the next few weeks on the off chance that its sunny in the languedoc area we might whizz down for some sun. Does anyone know of any nice sites down there that may be open until the beginning of November. Possibly with beach access or pool and places to cycle to (gently!).

I have had a quick look at asci card sites and camping chqs but not really seen anything overly great (location rather than facilities). Ideally we do not want a shaded pitch.

Any ideas?

Would you be interested in some wild camping? I know a spot where you can stay and really closed to the beach . It's dead end little road. In Vendres-Plage. Let me know and i'll explain where it is!:Smile:

Amicalement

Frankie

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
France

Narbonne and Leucate are aires on the beach and gruisan aire is attached to the port there are plenty more in the area Port vendres is I can think of bit none of them have leccie
Alan

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
At Agde at the moment but leaving in the morning to head for home. We have had a month of good weather but as mentioned by others it is all closing down and the weather will get a bit cooler. You may be lucky but it's a fair way to travel for a few days.

Mike

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Thanks everyone, we unfortunately are only in France 9 days so Spain is too far! I will definately look at the aires and have found a yelloh campsite at Narbonne that's still open (normally a site we might avoid) but we might have a few nights there. If the forecast isn't great we will stay in the dordogne area!

Frankie if you don't mind could you pm me the details of the wild spot! As I will be using aires and wild spots some of the stay to keep the cost down!

We do understand the French are mad lol!! And pack up really early and close sites. We however are hardened northerners so intend making the best of the low/ non existent season. We love France and it's an obsession going as much as we can despite being restricted to time off work!!
Thanks

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
OK Will send you a PM ., but just in case I forget , don't hesitate to remind me. My brain is settled on something else at the moment and I tend to forget all the rest!:RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Frankie:Cool:

Last edited:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
You could always stop off in the Limousin. 3rd Sunday in October sees the Cidre et Cochonaille day (that's cider and piglet, and yes, you can win one!) in Champagnac la Riviere, and the following Sunday you can visit the Chestnut Fair in Dournazac. Both generally enjoy good weather - look at the pics on our website - and here you'll find a warm welcome, with sensible prices and a Funsters discount. And you can have metered ehu (16A) if you want. We are open all year, so if you cannot come this month we'll still be open for you!:thumb:
Bob
www.parcverger.com

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Bob, we might just pay you a visit! It sounds interesting! Thanks for the info!:Smile:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Bob, We are on our way to you and should be with you this Friday. We have not seen another Funster in the last 4 weeks here in France so time to call and spend a few days with you. See you Friday
Bernie and Rona.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back