Wild Parking reasonable price South coast (1 Viewer)

sequinn

Free Member
May 12, 2013
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since July 2012
Hi there
Please can you let me know if there is any wild camping or reasonably priced parking in Bournemouth for 1 night :Smile:? Then moving to Portsmouth/Southsea area for one night before catching the ferry to Santander.
Tips & tricks appreciated

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Parking

There is a hotel right on the front at Poole you can. Stop on car park for very little. Sorry can't think of name. Hayling island sea. Front is quite cheap, or portsmouth go along south sea front. Fun fair behind you and pass marine barrack, head to hayling island foot ferry and stop there, sorry can't help more, barry

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Me again

We live near winchester, about 30 mins from portsmouth. How big is van. You could park on our drive for one night, will try and think of other places

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think it west cliff at Bournemouth i have parked there . in Portsmouth i normally stop in the port right at the back of the lines by the fence . there is a gate to walk out if you want to.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
As Alan says, why not stay at the port itself for free?
We always do and it means no worrying about being held up in traffic on your way to the port.

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Hi there
Please can you let me know if there is any wild camping or reasonably priced parking in Bournemouth for 1 night :Smile:? Then moving to Portsmouth/Southsea area for one night before catching the ferry to Santander.
Tips & tricks appreciated

We live in New Forest and like Froghopper about 30/40 mins from ferry port, you would be welcome to park on drive for night (free hook up :Smile:) but can't promise bacon butties at silly o'clock if you have an early ferry
Pat

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Bournemouth and Poole have really clamped down on wild camping over the last couple of years. the west cliff is certainly now out of bounds as are the chines at westbourne. signs everywhere and cameras too

just outside Bournemouth, at Christchurch theres a few spots still being used. ifford bridge by the river and st catherines hill spring to mind. as for cheap no frills sites, youve got to be joking. cheapest i know of are by the airport near hurn and near £20 a night

forget wild camping in the new forest as the wardens patrol the carparks at night and will definitely move you on. too many problems with Itinerants mean that its getting hard to find nice cheap spots on the south coast

have seen a few vans overnight at tesco carpark, but think they bought a parking managment company in a while back

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
There is a hotel right on the front at Poole you can. Stop on car park for very little. Sorry can't think of name. Hayling island sea. Front is quite cheap, or portsmouth go along south sea front. Fun fair behind you and pass marine barrack, head to hayling island foot ferry and stop there, sorry can't help more, barry
Hotel in Poole is "Thistle hotel" not sure if you can stay overnight, and if you go over time limit cameras catch you driving in & out, beware we got a fine from there

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Just a little tip, ask for ehu on the boat, we've always asked and got it.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back