buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Has anybody ever managed to fit the sides on the omnistor awning on a autotrail without a pair of steps just wondered thanks:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well a tall person might be able to.
i have a mate thats that tall he could look in the roof windows on our vw hightop years ago .
he is known as tall gary . if you meet him you will know his name .
you do look up to him . but he wont look down on you . ha ha .

albeano

Free Member
May 13, 2012
bolton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years
Has anybody ever managed to fit the sides on the omnistor awning on a autotrail without a pair of steps just wondered thanks:Smile:
Nope i always carry small set aluminiun steps, used them for allsorts wouldnt be without them now. :thumb: im not short but not tall either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Used ours once at Great Dorset Steam Fair.
Difficult to put up and can't manage it without steps.
What a waste of money.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
My Frankia is tall. We manufacture and sell awning rooms and panels. The sides hang on a pole which reaches to the top, no ladders required

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
My Frankia is tall. We manufacture and sell awning rooms and panels. The sides hang on a pole which reaches to the top, no ladders required

Just had a look on your web site.
Where were you when I spent/wasted a fortune ?

SWMBO has to have curtains for "privacy", but I don't for the life of me understand that. We don't walk around outdoors in the nude or anything like that.

Without wishing to seem disrespectful, your material looks like the stuff used on building projects fastened to scaffolding. For me, it would be ideal, for her, I'm not sure she is convinced. Especially after spending so much on the "factory" option, even if it is a pain in the a**e.

It is definitely worth thinking about though. :thumb:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We bought a proper privacy room. The weight of it was silly and having to take ladders with was extra hassle. We wanted a no hassle room more like a conservatory that lets light in but stops all the wind and rain etc. We tested lots of different materials and found the one we produce our awnings in is perfect for the job.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
We bought a proper privacy room. The weight of it was silly and having to take ladders with was extra hassle. We wanted a no hassle room more like a conservatory that lets light in but stops all the wind and rain etc. We tested lots of different materials and found the one we produce our awnings in is perfect for the job.

Looks quick, easy, light and strong.

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi,I am short,but with a folding plastic stool its easy,and less hassle than steps,regards H.:winky:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I Had the same problem with mine and thought about carrying a pair of steps but thought there must be a better way. I met up with Omnistore at a meet in April and outlined the problem. The guy said the solution is simple, once you have the ali support (side awing) in place just lower the awning down to about chest height and you can slip the support rail flap over the awning. We tried it and with a bit of adjustment here and there found it worked. Job Done.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
I Had the same problem with mine and thought about carrying a pair of steps but thought there must be a better way. I met up with Omnistore at a meet in April and outlined the problem. The guy said the solution is simple, once you have the ali support (side awing) in place just lower the awning down to about chest height and you can slip the support rail flap over the awning. We tried it and with a bit of adjustment here and there found it worked. Job Done.

If I can ever be bothered to get the sides out again at home I will give it a try, just to see if I can do it.
Thanks for the advice anyway :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back