Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We bought a bread maker for home years ago and use it all the time. Being of Scots descent, we like the idea of making our own and not paying someone to do it for us! ( except when we are in France)
So, we decided to look for one that makes smaller loaves for the van and after lots of research that came to nothing, found one for sale in Aldi, reduced by £10 to £24.99, and not wanting to pass up a bargain, we bought it.
We just made our first loaf in it, and while the machine isn't up to the standard of our much pricier one that we normally use, the bread it makes is great.
So, its going in the van to be used when we are away.
If anybody is after one, look in Aldi. They come with a 3 year warranty, a 16 hr timer and 3 loaf sizes.
Allan

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
We use a bread maker at home all the time have done for years, bought one from Aldi a few weeks ago, I`m afraid we took it back, couldn`t get on with it, bread didn`t turn out right, not a patch on the one we already have, a shame though as Aldi stuff is usually excellent, perhaps it is us , but can only speak as we find. When we did return it, ours wasn`t the only one returned, perhaps that was a bad batch. :Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
ours got used twice at home.......now lives in a dark corner of a cupboard along with the George Foreman grill for company.

cheaper and more consistent to buy a loaf at the supermericano.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We use a bread maker most days. Only ever used Panasonics though, superb machines

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
we often make bread when away in the winter always carry flour and yeast . just knock it up . wait a few hours . knock it down and tray it up . then in the oven . mmm lovely . saves going looking for bread if your out in the wilds .

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We like the idea of a breadmaker, but it takes up valuable beer space!::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you have an oven just do it by hand . its not hard .
got my son doing it last winter . he thought it was great . now he is working in a pub but one of their specials is his homemade bread sarnies . increased their sales .

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I am on my 3rd Morphy Richards bread maker but only ever use it to make the dough then cook it in the oven in a bread tin. I make all our own bread. I hate the hole in the bottom of the machine made bread. I also have a compact model for use in the van. Can't seem to get bread I like in any other way.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
We use a bread maker most days. Only ever used Panasonics though, superb machines

Ours at home is a Panasonic. They are the best, and we have tried many over the years. The little Aldi machine makes great bread, not as good as the panasonic, but it was a quarter of the price. Its certainly good enough to use in the van. Mrs A always uses her own recipe and we either get flour milled close by or from a local shop where we know the quality.
Once you have sussed the ingredients you like, ( almost ) any machine will mix it correctly.

We did think of baking it in the oven, but its nice when it cooks overnight in the machine and we wake up to fresh bread.

Allan

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are on our third breadmaker at home and have another for the van, the bread is great and it means fresh bread every day when we are away.

Rgds
Bill

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
ours got used twice at home.......now lives in a dark corner of a cupboard along with the George Foreman grill for company.

cheaper and more consistent to buy a loaf at the supermericano.

and the deep fat fryer,soda stream , rice cooker ,kennwood chef,coffee/capucino machine ,meat slicer and toasted sandwich maker. No doubt there is a lot more.

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
We like the idea of a breadmaker, but it takes up valuable beer space!::bigsmile:
Beer IS bread!!

We also have a bread machine at home, it's great. Throw in the ready mix and some water, 3 hours later, loaf.

Miss M puts it on with the timer set before going to bed so the bread is ready for morning toast :)

Can't imagine doing that in the MH what with the noise it makes when mixing! I do suppose you could run it during the day though :thumb:

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Noise was one thing we thought about but we haven't tried it in the van yet. We may have to put it on in the day if we can't stand the noise. That is, if we can hear it over our Labradors snoring!
Allan

herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
we buy the part baked rolls from tesco, (cheap and last a few weeks in the bag) then pop them in the ramoska. fresh bread in 10 minutes when you get up.
yummy!

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I`m most amused at why anyone would want to purchase a breadmaker when their motorhome already came with one, "The Oven" If my memory serves me cortrect the shortest program on a bread maker is something like 3hrs 15 mins.
If you don`t want to bother with mixing yeast then you can buy bread mixes with the yeast already in them and can produce a loaf of bread in less than 1hr 30mins.
Simples:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back