Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Broken Link Removed

On Facebook from a David Screech - Stolen from a secure compound at Alan Kerrs Paignton Devon. We are heart broken. it is a autotrail apache se700 reg no WJ55ZWB. If you see it on your travels please let us know.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Booked our RV in there for a week, when we moved from there to here...

Gates into the storage left open for all and sundry to walk in... during the day... "NO" CCTV, .... and away from the actual showroom...

The perimeter fence a kid could jump over it going through one of the other unit`s land...

We took ours off after 3 days..... never received a call on my mobile to this day 10 months later.. :Angry: to ask if we had removed it our selves...

Advice is to steer clear of their storage... :Sad:

There is a place a couple of mins drive away, which I should imagine is an insurance recognised compound/Storage area... CCTV, Security, Swipe card to get in and book I believe to remove vehicle.. :thumb:

Only down side, I should imagine it cost`s a lot more...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I saw that on facebook !! He was saying he was in a club and to look out for it !
I commented that " so much for secure storage" and asked what club !!

So far no answer, I think there is more to this than meets the eye ! perhaps an insurance scam !!!!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I saw that on facebook !! He was saying he was in a club and to look out for it !
I commented that " so much for secure storage" and asked what club !!

So far no answer, I think there is more to this than meets the eye ! perhaps an insurance scam !!!!

He posted it with reference to the C&CC

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Looks like another case for

Jim "Dominic " Brown
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
HOW? even these would have required a proper key,since the beginning of the century vehicles have become impossible to hot wire. The only way I can see it being nicked is either a replacement key or a suspended tow.
Mmmm seems a piscatorial to me.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Any distinctive markings? Like a big smilie :Smile:
it was been one of my 'I wonder whys' people go to great expense to make the inside of their M/H so nice and personal but the outside is boring white, and all look the same.
who was that person who said vans/campers had to be white
anyway terrible news and now on a travellers site near you. so the police will never recover:Angry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
HOW? even these would have required a proper key,since the beginning of the century vehicles have become impossible to hot wire. The only way I can see it being nicked is either a replacement key or a suspended tow.
Mmmm seems a piscatorial to me.

Errrr..... sad to say a deaf and dump bloater with an autopsy fixation and poor eyesight can get round standard key security systems pre 2009 with some extremely basic kit and a small amount of know how..

As a by the by, that chassis cab I can get in to in less than 30 seconds.. and I aint no expert ! I should think someone more practiced would do it in less than 10 !!

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Errrr..... sad to say a deaf and dump bloater with an autopsy fixation and poor eyesight can get round standard key security systems pre 2009 with some extremely basic kit and a small amount of know how..

As a by the by, that chassis cab I can get in to in less than 30 seconds.. and I aint no expert ! I should think someone more practiced would do it in less than 10 !!

Ehmmmm, is that you 'fessing up Jaws? ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL.. I was under the impression it is what all motorhomers do.. How the hell else could we feed our habit !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back