Spain for Winter where to buy a SatDish (1 Viewer)

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
Hi Folks,

We are heading down to Spain Costa Blanca Marjal soon for the Winter months we have a MaxiView Dome fitted on our MH and obviously due to the dish size have currently lost all our UK channels.

Does anyone know of any good Dealer's/Supplier's in the Costa Blanca where we could purchase a stand alone dish stand and connections so we can start viewing again

Kind Regards

Dave & Anne-Marie :Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I should just wait a while.. The latest satellite for launch that will carry the UK channels was delayed... No one is 100% sure what is going to happen..
If your going to Marjal near Catral they have piped TV thought the pitches. Choice is limited but all you need is a long TV cable..

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi Folks,
Does anyone know of any good Dealer's/Supplier's in the Costa Blanca where we could purchase a stand alone dish stand and connections so we can start viewing again

If you mean the Marjal near Catral at the entrance/right of the camp site there was a Sat Shop last year. Seemed expensive to me but I am sure they would give advice. The camp site had BBC Wales, News 24 and an ITV channel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I would wait and see what people are getting on large dishes, we only have a 1 meter dish and was OK last year all the way down the east coast and up the west coast of Portugal, but when the new satellite is launched I think next month it will be a different story. :cry:

Hopefully our sat guy on here thats based in Spain, will give us some info on what size dish you will need, he is very helpful and no point in buying a big dish if you need one bigger than the motorhome. :Doh:

But if you wanted to take a chance, dishes are cheaper in the UK, unless all the expats are upgrading their dishes :whatthe: then you might pick up a bargain in Spain. :roflmto:

But with a lot of luck, we will still pick up astra 2 and get something in english. :winky: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Hi Folks,

We are heading down to Spain Costa Blanca Marjal soon for the Winter months we have a MaxiView Dome fitted on our MH and obviously due to the dish size have currently lost all our UK channels.

Kind Regards

Dave & Anne-Marie :Smile:

Well we are sitting in the Cartagena Area and can confirm you will not currently get BBC,ITV,Ch4,USA,5*,More4 or PickTV, however the rest of SkyUK is beaming in on our 80cm dish system fine. You will need a 1.4mtr dish or bigger to get those channels. As we don't watch the soaps it's not a problems for us as the remaining channels fit the bill.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back