Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Not sure anyone can answer this one but all suggestions welcome.I keep a digital radio in the MH and on some sites had a problem with reception so i ran a cable from the Tv booster ( which has a receptacle for radio).Great ,fantastic i have reception and all channels.However something i noticed at the weekend was that if the radio is on and i turn on the habitation light near the door i lose reception.The radio is still powered (230v) and display is still visible but no radio.The light switch is a double which serves the light above the habitation door and the main lights in the van.The other switch for the main lights doesn't affect it at all and neither do the led's.Acts well as a mute button but really dont need it.Any ideas ? cheers Dave.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could be the lighting wiring, when powered up, is causing RFI which is shielding the signal....or the TV booster is tapped into that lighting circuit before the light switch.

just guessing really.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I did think that it was probably a live feed taken off the lighting circuit.Its not really a problem as when the missus puts the radio on she normally lowers the light too for a bit of ambience. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
could be the lighting wiring, when powered up, is causing RFI which is shielding the signal...

I have seen reports of some LED modules chucking out a load of interference.

If he has fitted LEDs he can revert to the old bulbs and see if the problem goes away and if so try different LEDs.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I have seen reports of some LED modules chucking out a load of interference.

If he has fitted LEDs he can revert to the old bulbs and see if the problem goes away and if so try different LEDs.

The led's are all switched individually on the units and dont affect the radio at all.Its just the one light switch which operates the light above the habitation door.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my guess and its only that is that the 12v feed to the amp is taken from the light circuit. switching on the light puts a resistive load on it dropping the voltage. in turn this drop causes the radio frequencies from the amp to drop. if its an issue try feeding a new power source to the amp

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back