hosepiper

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
After buying my first motorhome today I trawled through all the web sites to try to find a policy that would include my 22 year old daughter. Lots of old posts and dead links on the way. I tried the NFU....... no they don't want to know. adrianflux had a reasonable offer providing the motorhome was in my daughters name. But the best deal I found was with http://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/ . It included unlimited europe cover. And Europe breakdown cover and in my name as the owner/proposer.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
After buying my first motorhome today I trawled through all the web sites to try to find a policy that would include my 22 year old daughter. Lots of old posts and dead links on the way. I tried the NFU....... no they don't want to know. adrianflux had a reasonable offer providing the motorhome was in my daughters name. But the best deal I found was with http://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/ . It included unlimited europe cover. And Europe breakdown cover and in my name as the owner/proposer.

From your trawling's you will have noticed that somewhere in the annals of time a law was passed preventing under 25s from owning or driving a Motor home:Doh:
No one knows who wrote it, just that insurance companies follow it to the letter

WHY???? they cant have a bad record driving them cos it seems it's always been like that:RollEyes:

A rare find well done:thumb:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
That's really interesting because when I rang Safeguard earlier this year the woman on the phone categorically told me that they won't insure under 25's!! We had our new motorhome changed to 3.5T especially so that our daughter would be able to drive it on her licence, she is also 22. Could you pm me some details, cost ? Regards Michelle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No experence personally but have read A,Flux Safeguard and Aviva all do under 25s
terry

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have just done an online quote with Safeguard adding my daughter as a named driver.......£400 extra. Don't think I will bother for the sake of a few journeys that she would be driving on. She will have to remain as navigator :roflmto:

OP
OP
H

hosepiper

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Safeguard

Hi All.
Well the insurance I bought covered me my wife and my 22 year old daughter.
It includes unlimited use in europe and UK.
AA recovery unlimited in UK and Europe.
No convictions or nasty bits among us :winky:
Took my existing 8 years no claims into account and gave me a discount on the strength of those years (had to send them proof)
Discount for being Caracan Club member.
Ducato 1997 1.9 TD motorhome
Fully Comp
£530 :Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class