Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
2years but caravanned for years
Over the years that we have been looking at motorhomes we have become aware of a love/hate relationship with owners towards Brownhills. Given that we are now in the really serious looking stage we decided to have a ride up there to see for ourselves. On their website they had a range of vans that ticked various boxes for us so the 100mile journey seemed worth it.

We checked the website over the weekend prior to departure and all of the vans were still in stock plus a couple of others. On Sunday morning we set off on the 2 hour drive. We also planned our route back via some other dealers.

On arrival we were initially impressed at the facilities and layout but couldn't find any of the vehicles we wanted to look at. I asked if we had missed anywhere and was told that they were all up in Lincoln!! We hadn't taken any notice of the Lincoln dates as we had no plans to visit.

Given the regular updating of their website surely a strap line about limited stock over this weekend would have been useful. If we'd only been looking at a couple of vehicles I would have rung; with several it seemed to have purpose.

The receptionist tried to help us but the sales team just weren't interested. That's £50K they won't be getting!

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Over the years that we have been looking at motorhomes we have become aware of a love/hate relationship with owners towards Brownhills. Given that we are now in the really serious looking stage we decided to have a ride up there to see for ourselves. On their website they had a range of vans that ticked various boxes for us so the 100mile journey seemed worth it.

We checked the website over the weekend prior to departure and all of the vans were still in stock plus a couple of others. On Sunday morning we set off on the 2 hour drive. We also planned our route back via some other dealers.

On arrival we were initially impressed at the facilities and layout but couldn't find any of the vehicles we wanted to look at. I asked if we had missed anywhere and was told that they were all up in Lincoln!! We hadn't taken any notice of the Lincoln dates as we had no plans to visit.

Given the regular updating of their website surely a strap line about limited stock over this weekend would have been useful. If we'd only been looking at a couple of vehicles I would have rung; with several it seemed to have purpose.

The receptionist tried to help us but the sales team just weren't interested. That's £50K they won't be getting!

LUCKY ESCAPE:winky:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Did you look at SMC Motorhomes down the road

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
LickeyEndBlues

LickeyEndBlues

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
We headed back via Lowdham and Don Amott.

Saw the new Bailey so all was not wasted. We'll probably leave the looking now till the NEC.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Did you not visit the Lincoln show ? not that far away and a lot of vans on display.... Plus 105 Funster vans....:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we did the same thing a few years ago.

drew up a list of suspects to interrogate at their Newark branch and set off one saturday.

took almost an hour to find a sales person who wasnt more interested in chatting to the other staff and supping their cup of coffee than making a sale, only to be asked where we got the list as he never laid eyes on any of the vans.

he looked shocked when i said i printed all of them off their website that morning.

needless to say, they never saw our money...or us again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LickeyEndBlues

LickeyEndBlues

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
Did you not visit the Lincoln show ? not that far away and a lot of vans on display.... Plus 105 Funster vans....:thumb:

The receptionist was trying to encourage us to pop up to the show as it was only 25 minutes away. She felt someone from Brownhills could meet us and we'd avoid the admission charge. We debated that as an option but she was told that had to be authorised by someone in Newark and after standing around waiting for 15 minutes we drove off. I was fizzing!

We didn't register it was LS weekend as we'd not looked at the dates. With around 50 of their vans off site at the show surely it would be possible to put a strap line on a website!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back