tesco launching a cheap android tablet the Hudl (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Tesco has launched a seven-inch tablet computer called the Hudl. out 30th sept £119

Will it be any good ? I am in the market for a cheap tablet & looking at the stuff on fleabay this Tesco offering could be a solid purchase?

But I would need to run andriod Navigator on it so could I plug in my USB GPS _ anybody know ?:Doh:

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I don't think the full specs are out yet for the Hudl.

Probably make sense to wait for a few full reviews to be published before making a decision.

Looks good for the price on the surface though.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I have just bought an HP Slate 7, 7" tablet from Currys at £99. I reckon it is brill!:thumb::thumb: dual core 1.6 gig processor, 8 gig storage + 32 gig micro sd card, 1 gig ram, super smooth motion touch screen, 168 pixels per inch, dual 3 mp cameras, wifi, bluetooth. Very fast - like sh*t off the proverbial stick.:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The HP has good reviews and I would have preferred that to something a supermarket own brand, which have always been known for poor quality. The tablet would need to better than the likes of their vacs etc - but I feel if a supermarket has things tied into the technology...what are they going to do with it? Use it as a marketing tool?

If they wanted to give you technology on own brand products they would have done it with Tesco desk tops years ago, and Tesco lap tops. I feel this is more a way of getting into your daily thoughts and lives than giving you technology.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
The HP has good reviews and I would have preferred that to something a supermarket own brand, which have always been known for poor quality. The tablet would need to better than the likes of their vacs etc - but I feel if a supermarket has things tied into the technology...what are they going to do with it? Use it as a marketing tool?

If they wanted to give you technology on own brand products they would have done it with Tesco desk tops years ago, and Tesco lap tops. [HI]I feel this is more a way of getting into your daily thoughts and lives than giving you technology[/HI].

I reckon you are right there!:thumb:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I have just bought an HP Slate 7, 7" tablet from Currys at £99. I reckon it is brill!:thumb::thumb: dual core 1.6 gig processor, 8 gig storage + 32 gig micro sd card, 1 gig ram, super smooth motion touch screen, 168 pixels per inch, dual 3 mp cameras, wifi, bluetooth. Very fast - like sh*t off the proverbial stick.:Cool:

No mention of GPS in the spec on the HP website. Can you confirm? A lot of Funsters would prefer SatNav capability on their tablets.

Steve

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
No mention of GPS in the spec on the HP website. Can you confirm? A lot of Funsters would prefer SatNav capability on their tablets.

Steve

I dont think it has got GPS Steve. It has google maps and it finds my location. I dont know if you can add a gps app from google play

Bill

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I bought one for the other half and she loves it :thumb:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I dont think it has got GPS Steve. It has google maps and it finds my location. I dont know if you can add a gps app from google play

Bill

If it can only find your location when connected to the internet then it has not got a GPS chip.

Either way, a good tablet at a good price.

STeve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back