hymer 575 (1 Viewer)

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
any one got a 575 hymer the one with the fixed bed we looked at one at the lincoln show today and it seemed to have some marks above the pull down bed as though it could be damp is there a joint up there that could be leaking or could it be condensation any help appreciated i suppose any one with a hymer could tell me if they have damp above the pull down bed

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have the Hymer 584 with the pull down bed, definitely no sign of damp there or anywhere. If you have any suspicion of damp get it checked and walk away if it has any damp, not worth buying trouble.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
any one got a 575 hymer the one with the fixed bed we looked at one at the lincoln show today and it seemed to have some marks above the pull down bed as though it could be damp is there a joint up there that could be leaking or could it be condensation any help appreciated i suppose any one with a hymer could tell me if they have damp above the pull down bed

There is a joint just above the pull down bed and a sky light also stain mark could well be history of leaks (may have been fixed ) close inspection on roof would probably tell if there is repair done or damp testing may tell if there is presence of damp. My 10year old hymer has no damp in the area and still got original seals around all the joins on roof.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gpz

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
well this is an 05 hymer but it does not have a sky light above the drop down bed but as you say a good look on the roof would tell where can i buy a damp meter from and approx how much would a damp meter cost and thanks for your replys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back