LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sitting in bed this morning planning our route to Britanny, would like to avoid the tolls but have heard that getting through Rouen is a bit of a nightmare. We are aiming to get down to Quiberon from Calais in one day, any advise please?

Ta muchly
::bigsmile:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Stay North of Rouen towards Le Havre, having said that, going round Rouen was no problem last week.

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Think Rouen can be hit and miss, when we came back couple weeks ago there was a diversion round Rouen, but other times sailed through.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Rouen is ok as long as you don't hit it at rush hour.

We always hack it down the Peage if we want to get to Brittany in one day.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Armytwowheels, We've just done similar trip but not in one day, we went via Yvetot to avoid Rouen , stayed the night at St Nicholas de Bliquetuit aire(free) then down to Fougeres aire (free) then to Campeneac aire (free) then via Carnac stones to Quiberon. Aire at Quiberon is v. large takes about 70 and was nearly full and is alongside sewage works smells allegedly , aire was packed when we went by 7th sept ( pay machine at gate ) didn't stop went on to Damgan aire takes about 40 again was full , they seem to stay for about a week. Any other help just ask.
:sin:Terry:sin:

St Nicholas aire nice aire on the side of Seine to watch the ships etc pass by.
Fougeres Aire right outside Castle/Chateau well worth a visit
Campeneac aire lovely aire lakeside

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Rouen is ok as long as you don't hit it at rush hour.

We always hack it down the Peage if we want to get to Brittany in one day.

:ROFLMAO: I actually just spent about 15 minutes looking for a place called Peage on the map - thinking to myself, what's he on about there isn't anywhere near Brittany called Peage! There is a Le Péage-de-Roussillon much further south, thought you'd lost the plot there Chris :ROFLMAO:

But now I know better and we are rethinking the plan. Fast road down on the Peage roads, because we a coming back the slow way.

Not sure if we are classed as a car or a truck though - tolls for that route for a car seem to be about €26, but for a truck €46.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Armytwowheels, We've just done similar trip but not in one day, we went via Yvetot to avoid Rouen , stayed the night at St Nicholas de Bliquetuit aire(free) then down to Fougeres aire (free) then to Campeneac aire (free) then via Carnac stones to Quiberon. Aire at Quiberon is v. large takes about 70 and was nearly full and is alongside sewage works smells allegedly , aire was packed when we went by 7th sept ( pay machine at gate ) didn't stop went on to Damgan aire takes about 40 again was full , they seem to stay for about a week. Any other help just ask.
:sin:Terry:sin:

St Nicholas aire nice aire on the side of Seine to watch the ships etc pass by.
Fougeres Aire right outside Castle/Chateau well worth a visit
Campeneac aire lovely aire lakeside

Sounds great Terry. We are going to try and get down in one days and then bimble back nice and slow along the coast. I have made a note of the aires that you mentioned, hopefully they will be a bit quieter when we get there.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You won't be a car or truck I don't think.

You will probably be class2 so somewhere between your two figures.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Dohhhhh !!!

:ROFLMAO: I actually just spent about [HI][HI]15 minutes looking for a place called Peage on the map [/HI][/HI]- thinking to myself, what's he on about there isn't anywhere near Brittany called Peage! There is a Le Péage-de-Roussillon much further south, thought you'd lost the plot there Chris :ROFLMAO:

But now I know better and we are rethinking the plan. Fast road down on the Peage roads, because we a coming back the slow way.

Not sure if we are classed as a car or a truck though - tolls for that route for a car seem to be about €26, but for a truck €46.

Reminds me of a funster ( who will not be named ) who asked where the seasoned flour was in the store !...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back