Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Unless you really want to visit Cheltenham give it a wide berth just parked up on the racecourse car park and NO pitches are level and at £19.50 night not worth it !!! In my opinion

Monty1083

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hmmm... Haven't heard this before about Cheltenham Racecourse but then it was a racecourse before it was a caravan site! It is also located on the edge of the Cotswold escarpment at the foot of Cleeve Hill so.... That said there is no mention in the Club book about the site not being level.

There are a number of other sites around the Cheltenham area depending on whether or not you want to use your vehicle. Briarfields is a commercial site which always looks quite nice - and flat - and is located near a Park & Ride and on a service bus route to Cheltenham. It's about 3 miles from the town centre just off the A40 near GCHQ. :thumb:

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi

Best place to stay in Cheltenham is Briarfields camp site http://www.briarfields.net/ we have stayed in the motel and the camp site and both are very good. The added bonus is that it is just down the road from Motorhome Medics so servicing and repairs are available.

Kevin and Tricia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
It was here I learnt a lesson about parking on the levelling ramps.
Having rained heavily, I reversed off onto the sloping surface in front of the grandstand.
At this point, all of the water that had collected on my levelled roof came off
and soaked my wife.

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Hopefully stay dry but thanks for heads up wife can collect the ramps when we leave on Sunday

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
My opinion of Cheltenham racecourse is probably in conflict but you can only go off what is on offer. I thought the site and the staff was spot on. As for the location, two minutes to the bus stop for a 5 minute ride to the town centre, what more could you ask for. I agree, there are some pitches which need levelling blocks but you can come up against this anywhere. The top of the site is all grass and all the pitches are level. If you arrive late then you will be offered the opportunity to choose a pitch of your choice. I will definitely use it again.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Strange how we all have different experiences, yes we had to level the van, but found the site convenient and the staff as helpful as any we have come across.

It was beautiful and sunny when we were there, sometimes it makes a lot of difference. :Smile:

Monty1083

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Newbie
It was here I learnt a lesson about parking on the levelling ramps.
Having rained heavily, I reversed off onto the sloping surface in front of the grandstand.
At this point, all of the water that had collected on my levelled roof came off
and soaked my wife.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry!!!!

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Stayed there a couple of times and really enjoyed it OK you have to use levelling blocks not a problem really..My late partner Dawn loved the place..Thats cos they named a stand after her (OK so it's called The Dawn Run Stand but it was close:winky:) as you say bus from the park and ride a 2 minute walk and only a quid or so to town..and a lovely town it is ..

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Stayed there a couple of times and really enjoyed it OK you have to use levelling blocks not a problem really..My late partner Dawn loved the place..Thats cos they named a stand after her (OK so it's called The Dawn Run Stand but it was close:winky:) as you say bus from the park and ride a 2 minute walk and only a quid or so to town..and a lovely town it is ..

... or free if you're over 60 and have a bus pass ::bigsmile::thumb:

We stayed there a couple of times when MCC ran a Fireworks Rally in early November. Heard a rumour this was going to be run again, but no solid evidence as yet.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back