To Buy or Not to Buy, that is the question. (1 Viewer)

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Hobby 725AK ?
Seems to tick all the boxes, any thoughts?
Anybody got one?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Looks like its built on a Fiat 2.8 JTD base vehicle, so that part should be good. I would say you need to have a good look around it, make sure everything works, check service history ( full or walk away) any warranty etc.
It doesnt seem to be a popular van on this forum, so I would check spares availability for the hab side, it does look a decent van though.
Hobby are a well known and popular brand, but I have never seen one of these before, 750's seem to be the ones that you see around ( and I would have bought if I could have found one close by!)
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DP+JAY

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
Looks like a tongue in cheek reply that since its been two hours since your post and no-one replied it would appear that no one has one. :Smile:

Thanks for explaining that

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Looks like its built on a Fiat 2.8 JTD base vehicle, so that part should be good. I would say you need to have a good look around it, make sure everything works, check service history ( full or walk away) any warranty etc.
It doesnt seem to be a popular van on this forum, so I would check spares availability for the hab side, it does look a decent van though.
Hobby are a well known and popular brand, but I have never seen one of these before, 750's seem to be the ones that you see around ( and I would have bought if I could have found one close by!)
Allan

Get a real motor home. Buy an RV

Enough said !!! :ROFLMAO:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
You need to give a bit more info I think.

What year is the one you're looking at?
What's the price?
Where you buying from - trade or private?
Do you like the layout ; does it suit your needs?

That's just for starters. It's a bit like going on to a car forum and asking "Should I buy a Ford Focus?"

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I'd never heard of a 725 but I did a quick google and it seems to be a shortened version of a 750 but with a Luton 'bump' added on. The 725 I found was an FMC version - don't know the significance of the AK letters - slightly different layout maybe? The one I saw had a 'wet room' style shower room (which is one of my pet hates) - but if you're happy with that it should be a good enough van. As with any van, check for damp, service history, etc - and good luck! :Smile:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have a Hobby, spares from Ambergate the importers excellent, well bulit, full winterised with double floor apart from the usual checks, HPI etc just make sure its been serviced chassis and habitation and take a damp checker with you.
The only model of this name I could find was a tag axle if that the case that model was superceded by the Spinx on a Iveco which is what I have

Good luck and post the link with the advertised details

OP
OP
DP+JAY

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
I have a Hobby, spares from Ambergate the importers excellent, well bulit, full winterised with double floor apart from the usual checks, HPI etc just make sure its been serviced chassis and habitation and take a damp checker with you.
The only model of this name I could find was a tag axle if that the case that model was superceded by the Spinx on a Iveco which is what I have

Good luck and post the link with the advertised details

Yes very similar, nice van, but too long & too high for my garage.
Was looking for someone who has one as the one I've seen for sale is in Belfast.

OP
OP
DP+JAY

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
I'd never heard of a 725 but I did a quick google and it seems to be a shortened version of a 750 but with a Luton 'bump' added on. The 725 I found was an FMC version - don't know the significance of the AK letters - slightly different layout maybe? The one I saw had a 'wet room' style shower room (which is one of my pet hates) - but if you're happy with that it should be a good enough van. As with any van, check for damp, service history, etc - and good luck! :Smile:

Yes, this is it.

Link Removed

OP
OP
DP+JAY

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
You need to give a bit more info I think.

What year is the one you're looking at?
What's the price?
Where you buying from - trade or private?
Do you like the layout ; does it suit your needs?

That's just for starters. It's a bit like going on to a car forum and asking "Should I buy a Ford Focus?"

Point taken, try this.

Link Removed

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
The AK I think is Alkoof.

Which you would say Luton or overcab bed.

Mel

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Yes, this is it.

Link Removed

Interior looks very much like a Hobby 700/750 of that era - good vans. :thumb:

Don't think there can be many of them around .......

See there's yet another bed installed in the garage, so theoretically it could sleep 8. :Eeek:

Do you know what the payload is?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
BTW, the name Motorhome Depot is ringing a bell from a previous thread. From what I remember they're a kind of brokerage for private sellers - rather than a dealer - but maybe you know that already?

OP
OP
DP+JAY

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
BTW, the name Motorhome Depot is ringing a bell from a previous thread. From what I remember they're a kind of brokerage for private sellers - rather than a dealer - but maybe you know that already?

Yes, & they are tied in with go European who operate from a garden centre?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Yes, & they are tied in with go European who operate from a garden centre?

Go European operate from Dobbie's Garden Centre at Gailey nr Stafford - that's where my van came from.

I don't really get this bit about dealers using Motorhome Depot as they'd have to pay them commission. Could just be my cynical nature, but makes me wonder if they use them for stock they are having trouble shifting one way or another?? I know there was a Funster went to see a van at a dealers that was advertised through Motorhome Depot and it was much rougher than it appeared in the photos. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back