Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Newbie
We have a Trumatic Blown Air heating system on our MH. It will heat water with no heating or will heat without heating water or heat with heating water.It all seems to work fine except the heat without water setting. When we select this the gas lights, the fan blows but the air coming from the vents is weak and cold.
I have left it running for over 30 minutes and tried closing vents etc but no improvement.
The heating with water heating setting seems to work fine but I don't want to heat water unnecessarily.
Anyone any thoughts as to what might be wrong with the setting for heat without water heating?

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Check all ductwork connections are sound. I had a similar problem with the Webasto system in our van. The return air duct on mine had come adrift and the thing wouldn't even blow cold air. After that I'd suggest a control problem; one of the stats.

OP
OP
Monty1083

Monty1083

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Check all ductwork connections are sound. I had a similar problem with the Webasto system in our van. The return air duct on mine had come adrift and the thing wouldn't even blow cold air. After that I'd suggest a control problem; one of the stats.

Thanks for the suggestions but I don't think the ducts are an issue as it works fine on heat and water.

I'm thinking that it might be a micro switch on the one setting but it will be above my pay grade so have booked it in!! :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
On a Truma C series heater there is no "heat without water" setting. The only way to get space heating and not hot water as well is to drain the heater of water. It has 2 operating "modes" summer and winter. In summer mode there are two options, water heating to 40 deg C and water heating to 60 deg C. Winter mode also has two options, heating and hot water with max water temp of 40 deg C or heating and hot water accordig to room thermostat setting.

D.

OP
OP
Monty1083

Monty1083

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Newbie
On a Truma C series heater there is no "heat without water" setting. The only way to get space heating and not hot water as well is to drain the heater of water. It has 2 operating "modes" summer and winter. In summer mode there are two options, water heating to 40 deg C and water heating to 60 deg C. Winter mode also has two options, heating and hot water with max water temp of 40 deg C or heating and hot water accordig to room thermostat setting.

D.

This sounds very similar to the explanation I received from the dealer I bought the van from....
Just to be sure then; the control dial has two water heating only settings, one at 40 deg and one at 60 deg. These are independent of the heating.
For heating it then has a setting marked by a flame symbol which is the one I took from the handbook I was given to be heat but without water heating. This setting only has a flame symbol. It doesn't mention 40 deg.
The next setting down is both heat and water heating to 60 deg.

So, the setting I should use when I am on site and want heating is the last one? It does seem to be a waste of gas!!

I still don't understand why the last option gives out out more air and good heat when the heat without water setting, (as I call it), blows very weak and gives no heat at all.

I should say that the control dial has a 1-9 heat setting which I have tried at varying levels.

Thanks for bearing with me. I'm not very technically minded and this has me totally confused.

Thanks for helping.... :thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
You have the rotary dial control, central is off, upper two are summer settings I.e. water heating only at 40 or 60 deg C respectively. Lower two settings are "winter" mode, first is space and water heating regulated by room thermostat, second is space and water but the room stat will not regulate heat output as it is governed by water temp to 60 deg C. I suspect that either your room stat dial (centre of rotary control) is set too low or the room temp sensor is faulty.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a similar heater in our Burstner and I would go with what Dave says (that either your room stat dial (centre of rotary control) is set too low or the room temp sensor is faulty).

We were a bit wary of blown air as our previous van didn't have it but we've been impressed with the heater in our van.

OP
OP
Monty1083

Monty1083

Free Member
Jul 29, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Newbie
You have the rotary dial control, central is off, upper two are summer settings I.e. water heating only at 40 or 60 deg C respectively. Lower two settings are "winter" mode, first is space and water heating regulated by room thermostat, second is space and water but the room stat will not regulate heat output as it is governed by water temp to 60 deg C. I suspect that either your room stat dial (centre of rotary control) is set too low or the room temp sensor is faulty.

D.

I'm with you now. We have tried it at every setting on the dial from 1 - 9 without success. The fault is possibly with the room thermostat then. This is a black disc, about a half inch diameter, which is positioned just inside the van door about 9 inches from the ceiling next to the control dial.

Thanks for the advice. As the van is under warranty I think i should still take it in as it seems certain that something isn't working properly...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back