Spanish telly (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
So, parked up on Cost Brava, thought we'd watch some telly, sad sack Funsters that we are. Plugged telly in, selected Spain, autoscan came back no channels, check aerial connection. Aerial switched on plugged in. Any clues? Something I've missed?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Is that via satellite dish or freeview Ariel?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Maybe you just have a weak signal..
It should work no reason why it should not...

I know, no help at all am I. .......

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
are you 100% sure the aerial is pointing EXACTLY at the transmitter mast.

digital TV is critical on a good signal.....slightly off and screen locks or pixelates....more than slightly off and no signal whatsoever.

if you have one of those useless flying saucer type aerials, sit back with a good book or watch a DVD.
you are probably in a weak signal area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You may have to a trial and error approach, scan --- move a bit --- scan move a bit until you get some sort of signal then you may get an idea the direction the signal is coming from.

We have never got a lot of success with Spain TV ..... can't speak the language anyway. :ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you have an omni directional ariel and use the english default on your telly you can often get films and programmes in english . usually find some sort of telly in most places .

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
We usually get quite a lot of digital channels in spain, although it does vary depending on where you are.

Also quite a lot of Spanish TV is dubbed English / American, and the original English soundtrack is often broadcast alongside the Spanish. On my TV - an Avtex, although I am sure others are similar - you can select the soundtrack (the audio button) allowing you to watch English / American TV in spain.

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Cheers all! Have no idea where transmitter is, and lack patience for too much trial and error. It's a Status aeriel BTW

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i have never managed to get tv on a status in spain if you get wifi anywhere try filmon for ya tv good luck and have fun

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
The Status aerial does work here in spain, but you need a good signal to it before the TV will decode as it's all digital here.
I striped mine down and found poor connections on the board ( re soldered them ) and used better coax. They also have a "booster/gain" box and many owners do not have the gain turned up ( as high as you can before getting ghosting )

Hope that helps you as the channels are out there - it's just finding them......

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
So, parked up on Cost Brava, thought we'd watch some telly, sad sack Funsters that we are. Plugged telly in, selected Spain, autoscan came back no channels, check aerial connection. Aerial switched on plugged in. Any clues? Something I've missed?

Working Fine in Leicester Eric:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back