Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Do you remember, as a small child, that night before Christmas Day??? When you couldnt get to sleep, eyes wide awake, and that strange exited tingle that runs right through your body? I can, well, I just remembered how great it all was BECAUSE.........

The man is driving our just purchased Hymer over in the morning....

AND I CANT WAIT!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Do you remember, as a small child, that night before Christmas Day??? When you [HI]couldnt get to sleep, eyes wide awake, and that strange exited tingle that runs right through your body?[/HI] I can, well, I just remembered how great it all was BECAUSE.........

The man is driving our just purchased Hymer over in the morning....

AND I CANT WAIT!!

too much coffee does that to me too:ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
How fantastic. Don't bother sleeping tonight, sleep in the new van tomorrow!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Just make sure

a) You've got the right batteries for it
b) It's not broken by Boxing Day
c) You don't spend most of the time playing with its packaging

Merry Christmas

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Just make sure

a) You've got the right batteries for it
b) It's not broken by Boxing Day
c) You don't spend most of the time playing with its packaging

Merry Christmas

I see someone else has shared my many disappointments ::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
A new Hymer is always a joy!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If you think that stops you sleeping you should try heart surgery:Eeek: and waiting months for it:Angry:

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you think that stops you sleeping you should try heart surgery:Eeek: and waiting months for it:Angry:

Hmmmmmm.....That wasn't really in the spirit of the thread, was it?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
look into the eyes :Eeek: not around the :Eeek: you are feeling very sleepy:moon2:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Do you remember, as a small child, that night before Christmas Day??? When you couldnt get to sleep, eyes wide awake, and that strange exited tingle that runs right through your body? I can,

We were soooooo poor that we never celebrated Chrstmas in our house.:cry:

Mum and Dad used to go off to work for the day as the heating and candle was free in the office.

They left 12 children at home with the eldest having to spread the Chicken flavoured dripping onto a piece of dried toast.

On Christmas Day evening, Dad used to go out and collect some old chicken bones and Mum would boil them to make a broth with some Barley which they chad ollected from the floor of the local market.

The only present we ever had was a fresh Orange from the local docks.:cry:

Good times though, didn't have to worry about global warming in those days, early 60's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Is it there yet?

Still waiting!! 11:00 the man said. He is delivering to our secure lock up, and we have a temporary spot next to our caravan, (easy for swapping kit over). Next job is selling the Fendt.

On my millionth ciggi......:beer:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
11.00, must be there. If not he's late, p'raps he's broken down, stuck in traffic. Continues pacing up and down smoking umpteenth cigarette, nervously reaches for the phone, no give him another 5 minutes. :roflmto:

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
GOT IT!!!

Well, the chap got himself lost in wildest Lancashire, phoned us, and then began this sort of stupid Keystone Cops chase across The Fylde. He had managed to get up an unheard of lane, where he was confronted by a large rock, of all things.
Anyway, he, (and beloved Hymer), were rescued, and taken to our caravan/motorhome prison, where the dirty deeds of transfer were completed. Lastly, we ran him to Preston Station, for his erstwhile trip back to Ecky Thump Land.

And now, Thursday is

PLAYDAY!!:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Lastly, we ran him to Preston Station, for his erstwhile trip back to Ecky Thump Land.

By 'eck....call th'sen a Lancastrian !!!!

everybody knows 'Ecky Thump land' IS Lancashire

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Do you remember, as a small child, that night before Christmas Day??? When you couldnt get to sleep, eyes wide awake, and that strange exited tingle that runs right through your body? I can,

We were soooooo poor that we never celebrated Chrstmas in our house.:cry:

Mum and Dad used to go off to work for the day as the heating and candle was free in the office.

They left 12 children at home with the eldest having to spread the Chicken flavoured dripping onto a piece of dried toast.

On Christmas Day evening, Dad used to go out and collect some old chicken bones and Mum would boil them to make a broth with some Barley which they chad ollected from the floor of the local market.

The only present we ever had was a fresh Orange from the local docks.:cry:

Good times though, didn't have to worry about global warming in those days, early 60's.

Fresh Orange? Luxury, we 'ad a picture of an old orange box to look at..........

Anyway, glad the van got there at last. So, tomorrow it's a play 'n' polish day?

Allan

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Lastly, we ran him to Preston Station, for his erstwhile trip back to Ecky Thump Land.

By 'eck....call th'sen a Lancastrian !!!!

everybody knows 'Ecky Thump land' IS Lancashire

Not necessarily. During the Wars of The Roses, the border between Lancashire and Yorkshire was much father East, and had been since the Doomsday Book. It was only after the Yorkist incursion into the Pennine Areas, and the battle of Hartshead Moor Services, that the Yorkist General Hector Thrump, defeated the standing army of Guy, (Duke) of Clitheroe. It is written that 'Ye Kings M62 Highway was stained with the blood of ye Dukes men, and many of their sheep were hunted down and molested greatly by ye Yorkist Army'
And So General Thrump built a new house near to the spot. you can see it today, near to the battle, just where the present motorway splits each side of it. It became known as Hector Thrump's Land, shortened to Eky Thump by later peeps, but taken to mean that land once owned by Lancashire, was stolen by Yorkshire.:beer::beer:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back