LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Hi all, Can anyone help? Just got down to South of France and have been plagued with turbo problems on my VW transporter, it cuts out at the most precarious times but if I turn off the engine when I restart it all is well again: it happens at no particular times just at random: HELP!! :cry:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
You say you have turbo problems and that 'it' cuts out.

By 'it' do you mean the engine cuts out (i.e. there is no power, if you press the clutch the engine stops) or the turbo cuts out i.e. the engine still runs but is hugely down on power?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Check all the hoses to the turbo and make sure there are no splits or leaks, could be the answer

Good luck

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not up on vw's but check the wastegate is free to move usually an armon the side

i'll go with that.....

turbo wastegate atuator sticking......a good spray with WD40 and work the arm and linkage until smooth moving

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I did think of the waste gate valve sticking as we had that problem on our first coachbuilt motorhome but when we did it ran okay but then wouldn't give any power over 60mph, so my money's still on the hoses being the problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back