green energy cold calling (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
'hello sir, I have some hugely overpriced and cheaply made solar panels and wind turbines I want you to buy at great initial cost to yourself on the promise you will pay for them in 4-15 years time (depending on my lie factor, and yes I am a God and can control the wind and sunlight)

.....unfortunately parts and service will only be available for the next 1-5 years (if you are lucky). In 5-15 years our company will be long gone to the wall and you will have the choice of replacing many of the parts (at so much great expense and if you can get them from China) that you may have to scap the whole lot...'

As two of my neighbours have done recently....:Eeek:

One farmer spent over £100 K and has said he is scrapping his turbine as there is no support whatsoever for parts replacement, the other was told 'we cant tell you how much its going to cost to repair until the parts are shipped over from China, but it will be more than you paid for it......"

Nice:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have generated 95% of the electricity I have used in my life for over the last 25 years myself.

The vast majority of this from solar panels.

I am starting to suspect that sustained attacks on the various alternative sources of energy citing differing reasons displayed in a few posts on here might have something to do with connections to the oil industry. :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I have generated 95% of the electricity I have used in my life for over the last 25 years myself.

The vast majority of this from solar panels.

I am starting to suspect that sustained attacks on the various alternative sources of energy citing differing reasons displayed in a few posts on here might have something to do with connections to the oil industry. :winky:

ha ha - no connection with the oil industry apart from using diesel, petrol and oil based products....what motivates me into a febrile state is windfarm developers coming into local rural communities and ripping them apart with lies and half truths offering the lucky few shedloads of money because they have land in the right place at the right time. But threatening the rest of the community with giant industrial turnines towering above their houses. These shysters never go away either....

Then I get idiots ringing me (against the telephone preference scheme regs) trying to sell me this crap......for my house which I am due to take a loss on due to windfarm planning developments:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They are a blight just like mobile phone masts.

I joined one residents group who gave Vodafone a right kicking about 5 years ago.:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oh dear.

Did people put up some turbines and spoil the view?

You should see the wacking great motorway they stuck by our house a few years ago. The value of the house rocketed up because folks in the village could get to the office in the Smoke more quickly.

Now of course it is often gridlocked!

Progress hey?

Last edited:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I think that wind turbines are very majestic and are doing a wonderful job in reducing our use of carbon fuels.

Their manufacture brings employment, their installation brings employment, their maintanance brings employment.

Can't see a downside to them:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I think that wind turbines are very majestic and are doing a wonderful job in reducing our use of carbon fuels.

Their manufacture brings employment, their installation brings employment, their maintanance brings employment.

ha ha thanks for the laugh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

'The megawatts supplied by our 3,500 turbines is derisory: no more than the output of a single, medium-sized conventional power station' and thats if they are actually working....which for much of this summer they have not been.....no wind.

http://nomoreliesblog.wordpress.com/

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...industry-greatest-scam-age.html#ixzz2exdY5bvy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wind-turbines--insane-true-eco-scandals.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...industry-greatest-scam-age.html#ixzz29TYO5OzD

Last edited:

Deleted User
The whole green energy industry in this country is only viable because of government subsidies to mainly large companies like Peel holdings who seem to be on a mission to take over Lancashire. Solar panels and wind farms are hugely inefficient and only useful for small scale use.

Obviously some form of renewable energy will be needed, the money wasted in subsidies to comply with a silly agreement that half the world didn't sign up to anyway would be better used in research into better forms of renewable energy production.

I have no connection with the oil business apart from buying the stuff but our money is being wasted and put into the pockets of big business....we are being conned into believing that this helps to alleviate global warming.......does this exist.

I saw an article from the BBC predicting that the polar ice cap would have disappeared by Summer 2013. Recent satellite images show the ice cap is at its largest for many years.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
They have their rightful place in this countries production of electricty,

I agree they could not and would not produce all of our generation requirements, we need a balanced programme of Nuclear, Gas, Coal, Bio, Wind and Solar to ensure we have enough production capacity for the forthcoming year.

Unfortunatly under this and previous governments no balanced programme has been produced or designed.

The way we are going we will be in the dark by about 2020 as nobody is planning far enough ahead.

I still think they are majestic and you can see them both in Spain and Portugal when flying back from the canaries. These 2 countries hav many more wind turbines than we do.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The fact that the price if solar panels seems to be linked to the FIT (feed in tarrif) seems somewhat corrupt to me.

When the FIT was higher the cost was over £8k for an installation. The government reduces the FIT and suddenly the suppliers can sell them at nearly half the price!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I still think they are majestic and you can see them both in Spain and Portugal when flying back from the canaries. These 2 countries hav many more wind turbines than we do.

I noticed that from the air last time I came back from Lanzarote:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Do we all look at old windmills and complain that they are an eyesore on the landscape?

Hmmmm.......thought not.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
it really would be pleasing if windfarms ( and there are close to 40 turbines that can be seen from our village, some with the wingspan of a jumbo jet ) and solar panels really could produce the goods.

sadly...... :Doh: that is far from the facts.

and while i feel i [HI]should be[/HI] quite sympathetic towards " green energy " it will never provide effective or sufficient support for the countries needs.

sad but a fact.:Sad:

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
The fact that the price if solar panels seems to be linked to the FIT (feed in tarrif) seems somewhat corrupt to me.

When the FIT was higher the cost was over £8k for an installation. The government reduces the FIT and suddenly the suppliers can sell them at nearly half the price!

Thats partly my point, the manufacturing costs vs the retail costs are opaque. it seems quite clear by your calculations 4K was profit......or they swapped to much cheaper parts ?

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Do we all look at old windmills and complain that they are an eyesore on the landscape?

Hmmmm.......thought not.

Kind of hard to get dewey eyed over this mess...

14,000 Abandoned Wind Turbines Litter the United States-guess what the subsidies stopped......

Broken Link Removed

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
If we could harness all the "hot air" that comes out of politicians and "green energy pushers" mouths, then maybe this could be used as another form of energy:roflmto:

We got sick of phone calls from these companies telling us that we could save money on our energy bills and save the planet in the process:RollEyes:

We heard stories about solar panels being fitted wrongly to roofs that are now sagging under the weight. Who repairs the turbines when they fail, nobody, they are being left to rust in our countryside because they are so costly to repair.

It's quite obvious by looking at recent electricity bills and how they are made up, about 60% of our bill was not related to consumption. We use low energy bulbs and had a white meter installed for a kiln years ago, so of course we used less energy/units as a result. So what does Scottish Power do? They increase the cost of the tariffs etc. You just can't win:Angry:

I am sure some will disagree.......but we're all being conned rotten in this country:Angry:

Bill

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Hmmmm.......thought not.

Beautiful old windmills are a thing of beauty and are in decline, we are hardly comparing "like for like" with turbines..........:RollEyes:

Anyone living in a beautiful landscape doesn't want their view spoiled by monstrous turbines. Many people have seen the value of their homes ruined by these things.

Bill

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998

The downside with the wind farm off the coast of Skegness is that it was built and run by Norwegians and is maintain by Norwegians who are flown in weekly, so no work for the locals :cry:

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
How can anyone seriously think that wind turbines are majestic. They are a blot on our wonderful countryside. We recently spent a week in Northumberland and every day drove past a huge monstrosity of over 30 wind turbines and in the entire week we did not see a single turbine moving!

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
The downside with the wind farm off the coast of Skegness is that it was built and run by Norwegians and is maintain by Norwegians who are flown in weekly, so no work for the locals :cry:

Was it all Norwegians or did/do they stay in Skegness?, did/do they buy food in Skegness?, did/do they spend money in Skegness?, Do they fly straight to the Wind farm or do they land in the UK and then go by boat.

Where did they live when they were constructing it.

I do not believe there was not any benefits to the Skegness/ Lincolnshire area.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
The whole green energy industry in this country is only viable because of government subsidies to mainly large companies like Peel holdings who seem to be on a mission to take over Lancashire. Solar panels and wind farms are hugely inefficient and only useful for small scale use.

Obviously some form of renewable energy will be needed, the money wasted in subsidies to comply with a silly agreement that half the world didn't sign up to anyway would be better used in research into better forms of renewable energy production.

I have no connection with the oil business apart from buying the stuff but our money is being wasted and put into the pockets of big business....we are being conned into believing that this helps to alleviate global warming.......does this exist.

I saw an article from the BBC predicting that the polar ice cap would have disappeared by Summer 2013. Recent satellite images show the ice cap is at its largest for many years.

With regards to global warming, it has just been announced by the so-experts that they have got it all wrong by as much as 50% they have over estimated how fast the planet is overheating. :Eeek:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I seriously believe the Government should cancel HS2 and spend an awful lot of the £40 - 50 Billion on additional wind farms.

I believe this is better use of tax payers money, beneficial to the whole country.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
With regards to global warming, it has just been announced by the so-experts that they have got it all wrong by as much as 50% they have over estimated how fast the planet is overheating. :Eeek:

So they confirm we are overheating but not as fast a thought, therefore by deduction we will eventually fully overheat but perhaps not in my lifetime

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
How can anyone seriously think that wind turbines are majestic. They are a blot on our wonderful countryside. We recently spent a week in Northumberland and every day drove past a huge monstrosity of over 30 wind turbines and in the entire week we did not see a single turbine moving!

Every community should have wind turbines close to them that would produce 10% of their electricty requirements.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Every community should have wind turbines close to them that would produce 10% of their electricty requirements.

the problem is NIMBY its ok to legislate for turbines on the hills around my house as long as those that have the power to impose them on a given community dont have them overpowering ( if only they could in electricity generation terms ) their community.

on a more sensible response ; not every community location is remotely suitable for turbine location. even those that are deemed suitable the things dont generate what they claim.

often turbines cannot run as the wind is insufficient or too strong, on some of these instances when there is no wind the turbines need to run to ensure they are lubricated / maintained, they then draw power from the grid :Doh:.

i have been informed ( but cannot substantiate this ) that there are also instances when the grid is not able to take all that is coming from particular turbines so they are run at idle and the company running them compensated for loss of revenue.

turbines in principal are a great idea, but are they a real alternative :Sad:

i do agree however, some effective solution needs to be found and quick.:thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Wind Farms

Was it all Norwegians or did/do they stay in Skegness?, did/do they buy food in Skegness?, did/do they spend money in Skegness?, Do they fly straight to the Wind farm or do they land in the UK and then go by boat.

Where did they live when they were constructing it.

I do not believe there was not any benefits to the Skegness/ Lincolnshire area.

The wind farm that is off the coast at skegness brings no benefits to the town at all,there is an old P&O ferry anchored out at the turbines and used as a floating hotel and the rigs are serviced out of Hull.
I personally like to see them out, there, before they installed them it really was a boring stretch of sea now its a hub of activity but sadly no benefit to Skeg.
Alan

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
The wind farm that is off the coast at skegness brings no benefits to the town at all,there is an old P&O ferry anchored out at the turbines and used as a floating hotel and the rigs are serviced out of Hull.
I personally like to see them out, there, before they installed them it really was a boring stretch of sea now its a hub of activity but sadly no benefit to Skeg.
Alan

So there is a small benefit to the UK albeit not for Skeg but for Hull.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
the problem is NIMBY its ok to legislate for turbines on the hills around my house as long as those that have the power to impose them on a given community dont have them overpowering ( if only they could in electricity generation terms ) their community.

on a more sensible response ; not every community location is remotely suitable for turbine location. even those that are deemed suitable the things dont generate what they claim.

often turbines cannot run as the wind is insufficient or too strong, on some of these instances when there is no wind the turbines need to run to ensure they are lubricated / maintained, they then draw power from the grid :Doh:.

i have been informed ( but cannot substantiate this ) that there are also instances when the grid is not able to take all that is coming from particular turbines so they are run at idle and the company running them compensated for loss of revenue.

turbines in principal are a great idea, but are they a real alternative :Sad:

i do agree however, some effective solution needs to be found and quick.:thumb:

You are correct about the NIMBY problem and that appears to apply to nearly everything we plan to do as a nation.

If someone decides. for example, we require a new airport that's perfectly acceptable until it suddenly turns up in your local community and then it suddenly becomes unacceptable.

Most of our major planning decisions are delayed many years by NIMBYism.

When any government decides to implement simpler planning rules everyone is up in arms.

The Chinese have the best solution, do it and then talk about it.

Oh yes who have progressed greatly in the past 10 years, the Chinese

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp

In case you didn't know the wind is not a fixed quantity, it is erratic weather, 10% cannot be guaranteed by anyone.....including you :ROFLMAO: and that fairytale figure will not include high pressure (low wind) coldest winter conditions when electricity is needed most.....which is why this country still needs 50 GW+ of base load electricity for when this flawed technology and turbines fail to produce anything at the times of high pressure and most cold therefore coinciding with highest demand in winter. The installed capacity of all the turbines in the UK is just over 5GW but they rarely produce that, mainly they are at 1-3 GW and this last month they have barely managed over 1-1.5GW. Which means the government can plaster the whole of the UK with turbines and we will still need over 50GW of alternate 'instant on' power for when the wind does not blow.

Which is why we are ending up with banks of diesel generators being secretly installed at power stations and gas fired power station owners are charging the earth (and the electricity consumer) to fill the turbine gap and to run up instantly to fill the erratic power spikes left by the turbines..... so we are not only paying for the turbine owners and energy companies to line their pockets through taxpayers subsidy AND electricity consumers money we are now having to pay extra to all the 'instant on' power producers who have to fill the gaps in turbine electricity production.

this is the worst possible and most expensive and inefficient option to produce power and save co2.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back