secure blog (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, we would like to set up a "blog" for friends and family to follow us on. It would be invite only and password protected, or thats what we would like to do. Can anyone recommend a blog site. Preferably free

Thanks

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I use wordPress.. You cannot protect the entire blog.. But you can protect pages with passwords..
Using the same password would work I suppose

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Have a look at the link below which is the one we use, and it is free. Tweak the "privacy" settings and you can limit access to only those you want to read your comments.
Have a look at out travel blog to see what yours could look like.

Enjoy yourself...... it becomes addictive !!!

www.blogger.com

Regards, Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Not sure about services that are out there that are free as I run my own servers.

However if it were me I would have my own domain and have a subdirectory password protected with a .htaccess file.
Each user could have their own username this way so that the web stats would show who was visiting when etc. If the password "escaped" you could just change that one password and you would know instantly who was responsible...

I would use a sub directory to prevent people from going straight to it. so for instance you could have www.mytravels247.co.uk as a normal website then www.mytravels247.co.uk/private/ as the private blog. The other advantage of this method is you could give each family member their own email address and webmail access.

I would use wordpress as it is very easy to setup.

My method would obviously cost money as you would have to buy hosting and a domain and the hosting would need a mysql database.

Second thoughts, probably go for the cheaper options recommended above.:Doh::ROFLMAO:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Another one is Travellerspoint its password protected and you can can your bog templates at anytime instantly

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Is there something like facebook where only your allowed freinds are able to veiw
I dont like facebook due to privacy the idea of all people seeing my posts and where I am is a little offputting
For example some of my so called freinds post there position when in bars and restaurants bit of a giveaway for local thieves?

Thinking about that I have just splashed all over fun we are of to morroco for 3 months

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Is there something like facebook where only your allowed freinds are able to veiw
I dont like facebook due to privacy the idea of all people seeing my posts and where I am is a little offputting
For example some of my so called freinds post there position when in bars and restaurants bit of a giveaway for local thieves?

Thinking about that I have just splashed all over fun we are of to morroco for 3 months

See my post above. Allows you to give access to a named list of users, let's them leave comments and you can post unlimited photos to your blog .. quite versatile really.

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back