LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi. All
We're back in Florida now and its only 10 days until we come home can't believe it's gone so quick. Jans looking forward to coming home to see family, and Daniel will be home from Afghanistan half way through his tour. Personally I'd like to keep heading West as there is so much too see and do over here I'm planning the next trip already.

Getting the RV & car ready to put into storage so any tips gratefully accepted. I rang the guy we'd arranged storage with yesterday and guess what the bloody units are'nt even built. No wonder it was so cheap, so I've spent the last 24hrs looking for an alternative and just done a deal with a guy for secure covered storage for the RV and car for 12 months so we can come and go as we please.

Next thing to look forward to is the Americana in July and then the Morrocco trip in September and I have'nt even booked a ferry yet. :Blush:

3 photos attached took them in a State Park a couple of days ago

See you soon :thumb:

Attachments

• th_Florida gator.jpg
    th_Florida gator.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 62
  • th_Floridadeer.jpg
    th_Floridadeer.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 64
  • th_FloridaSnake.jpg
    th_FloridaSnake.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 64

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
I've tied a yellow ribbon round the street lamp Rory:thumb:
Seems like forever since we saw you hurry home now your times up, for this trip
Looking forward to Americana so we can catch up with you and Jan again

Take care
Tony

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Personally I'd like to keep heading West as there is so much too see and do over here....

Put the wife on a plane and turn the coach around to head west young man.

BTW what's the Americana?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Tom
I'd love to stay I think I've found my second home in the states I love it but Jan needs to see family.

The Americana is an Americam lifestyle festival thats run in July every year at the Newark Showground over 3 days. Its been running for 27 years and has featured some huge American Country & Western stars over the years. Also displays of American cars, trucks, RV's and motorcycles. Music starts at 10.30 in the morning and goes on until midnight. It attracts people from all walks of life and all age groups but never any trouble it's a great atmosphere. MotorhomeFun are having a meet there this year, only a small group going but it will be fun.

The highlight will be Winnebagotony performing his famous dance routine I'm sure you've heard all about it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This year he's got a new group backing of girls who last performed for us at New Years Eve, they know who they are.

Americana International Show

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Ror,

Thanks for the info and link on Americana.

The highlight will be Winnebagotony performing his famous dance routine I'm sure you've heard all about it.

That would be something to see but, no, I hadn't heard about it. Anyone have video?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Ror and Jan,

Doesn't time fly.

Doesn't seem that long ago you went over there.Glad you got the storage sorted.:thumb:

Looking forward to hearing more on your return.The pics are great.Hope you're going to post some more.

PS What's the weather like over there at the moment?

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Put the wife on a plane and turn the coach around to head west young man.

BTW what's the Americana?

Hi Tom
It's a festival of all things American ..... Country music , cars, trucks, motorhomes ,
motorcycles,
And we all get to dress up in Western outfits and be someone else for 4 days

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
10 days:Eeek:that's our annual holiday:Doh:

Only joking life out there is superb or what i experienced in Florida.

I had great fun touring round the different members of the motor trade who did work for my dealer including an RV scrap yard:thumb:

What wonderful time I had::bigsmile::thumb::Cool:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

You'll alway our winniebagoytony stetson and all:winky::thumb:

The US don't have what we have here though and that's snake hips and his dancers:winky::thumb:

:ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi rory & Jan looking forward to you coming home can understand that Jan is missing her family its a woman thing, putting her on the plane and you staying there is not an option cos jan will hav all your money with her:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
you can just look forward to your next usa trip:thumb

see you both soon
ruth:
ps tony can still move his hips lets hope he will be able to to move is knee too, now that would be a sight to see him dancing on one knee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User

Ah, thanks Tony. That rings a bell - I recall Paul mentioning it and asking if we dressed up as Brits for a day ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back