Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Can any of you fun folks give any advice on this subject? Our MH is on a Ducato 230 with 2.8 id TD engine which is somewhat agricultural and unrefined. I like the sturdyness of it but the noise is so draining and tires me terribly even on 2-3 hour stints.

A little Googling brought up www.noisekiller.co.uk and I wonder if anyone has recent experience of them. There is a thread or two on here (and a certain other 'factual' MH forum) but they are not so recent.

My debate is whether to go for a pre-made kit like the one they seem to offer or to do it myself using whatever materials seem to make sense.

Perhaps there's a knack to it with this type of Ducato which is handy to know? A hidden hole where noise comes in? A cheap yet effective material (carpet?) which does the job for a fraction of the cost?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I bought their full kit for our merc sprinter. I have not fitted all of it so can't judge it fully. I think that the blanket makes the biggest difference but it is expensive for what it is and I would prefer a different design.

marksmith

Free Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hampshire UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008. Owned since July 2013.
Can any of you fun folks give any advice on this subject? Our MH is on a Ducato 230 with 2.8 id TD engine which is somewhat agricultural and unrefined. I like the sturdyness of it but the noise is so draining and tires me terribly even on 2-3 hour stints.
We have the 2.0 JTD and it's really loud - but not all of it is the engine. In fact not much of it is. Driving along the motorway having to shout to the passenger, we then rolled onto a stretch of freshly laid billiard table flat low-noise road surface and the difference was amazing. We could talk at normal levels all of a sudden. Next to no road noise and no jangling from the back due to the shaking caused by undulations on the road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Apparently, a lot of road noise enters the cab via the door panels which act like a drum. Adding something to the panels to deaden vibrations reduces the noise. Some people use sticky backed rubber sheets - these sheets don't need to be thick, just not ridged.

We haven't done this yet but have it on our "to do" list.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
On my rapido the engine noise is at a very low level. Can't say the same for road noise though but highly dependent on the road surface.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back