Sitting on the Eurotunnel train.... (2 Viewers)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
....with a Funster in front in an Autotrail. Maybe I should get some stickers instead of travelling incognito
5 days in France ahead. Yay!
Allan

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've just got our Autotrail and transferred the stickers over from our Elddis, but it's not us:ROFLMAO: as we're currently in north Yorkshire.
Have a great trip!:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
go enjoy youve paid your part in life`s circus, now relax. happy journey.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
its not us I havnt got an Autotrail::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
I didn't knock on the window, we were too busy trying to plan our first nights stop( it was already around 10pm)
Anyway, we are back, just, to all this rain, from 32 degrees C in Normandy.
So, what broke on this trip? Well, we took the dogs to the vets on Friday to get them sorted for the trip back, got shopping from a local Supermarket, loaded the van, shut the hab door, shut it again, oops, it won't shut and the handles gone floppy! Then it started to rain.
Luckily, I managed to tie the door shut with a dog lead, drive to an aire ( Fort Mahon) and strip the door down to fix it. Met a very nice person in an Autotrail with a Welsh Dragon on the back, who helped me fix the door ( thank you) and eventually made our way to Normandy
Nothing else broke, no, wait, about 2 hours into the trip on a motorway while doing about 70, the smoke alarm went off. Boy, that's loud! I had to stop at the next aire to calm down and check we wern't on fire. Goodness knows why that went off, anyway, after a large G&T ( Mrs A, not me) we set off again
Another great few days away.
Never found out who was in the Autotrail in front of us though
Allan

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I didn't knock on the window, we were too busy trying to plan our first nights stop( it was already around 10pm)
Anyway, we are back, just, to all this rain, from 32 degrees C in Normandy.
So, what broke on this trip? Well, we took the dogs to the vets on Friday to get them sorted for the trip back, got shopping from a local Supermarket, loaded the van, shut the hab door, shut it again, oops, it won't shut and the handles gone floppy! Then it started to rain.
Luckily, I managed to tie the door shut with a dog lead, drive to an aire ( Fort Mahon) and strip the door down to fix it. Met a very nice person in an Autotrail with a Welsh Dragon on the back, who helped me fix the door ( thank you) and eventually made our way to Normandy
Nothing else broke, no, wait, about 2 hours into the trip on a motorway while doing about 70, the smoke alarm went off. Boy, that's loud! I had to stop at the next aire to calm down and check we wern't on fire. Goodness knows why that went off, anyway, after a large G&T ( Mrs A, not me) we set off again
Another great few days away.
Never found out who was in the Autotrail in front of us though
Allan

Allan, good to hear you had a great trip to France and are now safely home again. I have to say I think anyone who owns an Autotrail has to be a nice person.......:winky:
No, the majority of motorhomers are nice, however, but you do meet the occasional exception to this. Another story for another time::bigsmile:
We're still learning about things in the Autotrail, our smoke alarm is useless, must get this sorted asap.......didn't even have a battery in it when we collected it:Sad:
Our smoke alarms at home sometimes go off without any apparent reason, and always in the middle of the night:whatthe: We've a few "teething troubles" to sort out, but love the van.
Hopefully we'll get to France next year, we'll no longer be "Autotrail virgins" by then:thumb:
Margaret & Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
We've met quite a few MHers and we would be quite happy sitting round a table chatting and sharing a few sherbets with all of them.
Glad we aren't alone with the smoke alarms though..
Allan

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Autotrail funster?

Hi Allan,

My Autotrail Scout has Funster stickers in the front and rear windows..... but it wasn't me! I've been out in France and Spain since 6th August, and am currently at the lovely Parc Verger site.... I can recommend it for Funsters to visit!

Simon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back