Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
spent all day cleaning, polishing, black streak removing.. van looks great! within half an hour, pi@@!!g down with rain!....happens every time. :Angry::Angry:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Same problem but never got around to cleaning it - only got the bucket and brush out ready :cry:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
It was raining off and on here all day today and yesterday:Sad:

It's hard to believe that for the last two weeks the weather has been brilliant, last week it was glorious in Yorkshire, then it heaved it down during the early hours of Friday morning. The drive north up the A1 on Saturday was awful, wet and windy.

Looks like the summer has gone:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
smiffy502000

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
don't say that, we are off to devon for a week next weekend,..we went same week last year and the weather was fantastic! fingers crossed!!:thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
don't say that, we are off to devon for a week next weekend,..we went same week last year and the weather was fantastic! fingers crossed!!:thumb:

Will keep our fingers crossed for you, that the weather is good. Whereabouts in Devon are you heading for? We always had great holidays in and around the South Hams area when the children were young. Dartmouth being the favourite place.:thumb:

OP
OP
smiffy502000

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
thanks, we are having a couple of nights in Lynton, then going across to slapton sands, its our ruby wedding anniversary while we are there..(suppose I should have taken her somewhere exotic,) but we can still have fun... no jokes please::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
thanks, we are having a couple of nights in Lynton, then going across to slapton sands, its our ruby wedding anniversary while we are there..(suppose I should have taken her somewhere exotic,) but we can still have fun... no jokes please::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

We used to go from Dartmouth over to Slapton Sands and go into the Start Bay Inn for fish and chips:thumb: Don't know what it's like now, but it was great the last time we were there (in 1998). You had to queue up at 6 pm outside, it was so popular, always chock-a-block, especially at the weekends.
40 years married, that's great, we're 35 years later this month.
Have a look at this clip from YouTube:whatthe:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV41k8KD6PM"]Shark at Slapton Sands Devon - YouTube[/ame]
There's so much to do around that area, have you been to Trago Mills near Newton Abbott? You can spend a day there quite easily, the go-karts and the "freefall" used to be fun..........but we were 15 years younger then:roflmto:

Will keep my fingers crossed that the weather is good for you, have a great time.

Margaret::bigsmile:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Vehicle cleaning

I thought it was a well known fact that cleaning a car or van is "The old English rain dance"!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

There's nothing wrong with Lynton for your ruby anniversary ... Hope you have a great time there. :wine:

My parents went there for their honeymoon in 1940 and named their first house Lynton.

Brian

OP
OP
smiffy502000

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
o h I know its a great place as is most of devon,in fact if you could bank on good weather in this country, I would never bother going abroad.i think this country of ours has loads to offer,:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back